Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Soda Springs, Idaho, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a HSE Lead in Soda Springs, ID.
The HSE Lead is responsible for the provision of timely advice and guidance on all matters pertaining to Health, Safety and Environment with respect to Legislation, Company Policy and Management System and Client requirements, thereby reducing risks to the business. May also have a direct responsibility for Coordinators within the Business Unit or Contract/Project.
Candidates can be based anywhere in USA as long as they are willing to travel to project sites.
- Providing strategic advice and guidance to their Managers on all HSE related matter
- Rolling-out of Group HSE annual objectives and initiatives and development of company HSE
- Providing support to Business Unit/Contract/Project Managers and HSE Advisors in the
development and roll-out of Group HSE objectives and other initiatives
- Providing support to senior Managers in incident and accident investigations through the use of
an appropriate Investigation process (e.g. Helix or Taproot)
- Monitoring 'best-practice' and developing 'leading-edge' HSE initiatives as appropriate to the
business they are supporting
- Completion of Management Support Visits to installations and work-sites
- Providing support to senior Managers and HSE Advisors in the timely reporting of both leading
and lagging HSE Indicators
- Undertaking lagging indicator reviews of incident/accident trends and providing timely advice to
senior Managers and Corporate Management on actions and initiatives
- Providing mentorship and training for graduate/new recruits into the HSE team as appropriate
- Providing cross-Business Unit support as require
- Carrying-out HSE Inductions for New-starts
- Developing HSE presentational material to support inductions and Group initiatives
Skills / Qualifications
• Degree in relevant technical, industry or HSEQ specific discipline
• OSHA 500, MSHA experience(essential)
• Trained and competent Internal Auditor (essential)
• Trained and competent External Auditor (desirable)
• RCA - Accident/incident Investigator (essential)
Knowledge, skills and experience:
• 5+ years in a technical role, or association with HSE role in another industry.
• Lead/Senior HSE advisor experience with project/contract experience
• Excellent working knowledge with relevant legislation and regulations
• Good planning and organisational skills
• Effective/competent MS Office Suite User
• High level of communication skills in both written and spoken format
• Demonstrable commitment to company and client values
• Commitment to HSE and in particular safety and assurance and the need to drive down incidents
and accidents across the Industry
• Commitment to continuous improvement
• Strong communication and networking skills
• Trustworthy and approachable
• Highly developed influencing and interpersonal skills
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required .
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.