Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood Mining & Minerals business performs consulting and EPCM services for many of the world's leading mining companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents.
Wood is seeking an Intermediate Mechanical Designer to join our Mining & Minerals business group. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this position is located at our Vancouver, BC office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this opportunity is for you.
- Provide technical layout and design of mechanical systems and related infrastructure. This includes mechanical equipment, material handling, building services/HVAC, and piping systems.
- Design and drafting of equipment or piping systems in 2D and 3D drawing environments
- Attend project meetings and discussions with the client and staff
- Define capital project requirements, prepare scopes of work and project cost estimates
- Develop and maintain positive, sustainable client relationships
- Coordinate and work with other project team members
- Mentor junior members of the team
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology or Engineering Design & Drafting Technology
- 5+ years of relevant design experience.
- Proven experience with 3D AutoCAD and/or AVEVA E3D / PDMS software and excellent knowledge of 3D design/drafting.
- Underground experience is an asset
- Construction experience is an asset
- Other heavy industrial, mining, or smelting experience is an asset
- Able to perform calculations for detailed equipment design, such as for tanks, chute work and launders
- Leadership experience is an asset
- Experience with project controls, budgets and schedules within an engineering consulting environment is an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.