Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood Mining & Minerals business performs consulting and EPCM services for many of the world's leading mining companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents.
Wood is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Mining & Minerals business group. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this position is located at our Vancouver, BC office.This role has overall responsibility for providing Electrical Engineering support on our major mining projects. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this opportunity is for you.
- Providing project engineering and electrical discipline leadership
- Performing engineering design and related duties; including, power system studies, equipment specifications and selection, management of vendor / equipment suppliers, power distribution layouts, grounding, LV and MV motor sizing and selection, cable distribution design, schematic, single line, termination schedule and wiring design
- Assisting with construction supervision as well as the commissioning of industrial electrical systems
- Identifying scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process
- Maintaining and planning cost control for all scopes of work.
- Ensuring that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures
- Providing technical assistance to discipline assigned personnel, as required
- Reviewing, checking and approving work output of discipline assigned personnel, as required
- Preparing estimates and schedules as well as assisting in their review
Skills / Qualifications
- Electrical Engineering Degree from a recognized university with P.Eng designation or ability to register as a Professional with EGBC
- 10+ years direct mining, industrial or process plant experience
- Experience with ETAP or similar software design tools are considered an asset
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and 3D design/drafting techniques
- Ability to provide technical leadership for the electrical components of multi-disciplinary industrial or mineral processing projects
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.