Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood Mining & Minerals business performs consulting and EPCM services for many of the world's leading mining companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents.
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for an Intermediate Electrical Engineer. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. This role has overall responsibility for providing Electrical Engineering support on our major mining projects. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Key responsibilities :
- Performing engineering design and related duties; including power system studies, equipment specifications and selection, management of vendor / equipment suppliers, power distribution layouts, grounding, cable distribution design, motor schematics, single line diagrams, lighting design and wiring design
- Assisting with construction supervision as well as the commissioning of industrial electrical systems
- Carrying out duties and responsibilities as assigned by the lead electrical engineer
- Identifying scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process
- Preparing technical documentation for bid
- Evaluating supplier's proposals and deliverable documentation
- Preparing technical reports and field support (including commissioning/site inspection)
- Ensuring that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures
- Preparing estimates and schedules as well as assisting in their review
Skills / Qualifications
- Electrical Engineering Degree from a recognized university with P.Eng designation or ability to register as a Professional with EGBC
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience with significant Mining experience and knowledge of Mining equipment
- Relevant site maintenance or operations experience is an asset
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume and deadline-driven environment
- Experience with ETAP or similar software design tools are considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Positive attitude and ability to effectively work in a team atmosphere is imperative
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Committed to continual improvement and achieving engineering excellence
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.