Glasgow, United Kingdom
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Project Planner, on a permanent staff basis, location in Glasgow.
The Project Planner will form part of the PG Planning team and will report functionally to the PG Controls Lead. They shall ensure all systems, processes and reporting requirements for both internal and external stakeholders are attained by adherence to company planning procedures and processes. They will also be responsible for implementing, maintaining and follow-up of planning activities within the PG Project portfolio, including schedule analysis.
The Pipeline Group is a Service Provider to the Business within Offshore Resources and our mission is to tender and execute all rigid pipelines packages carried out using company spool bases, bundle yard and the Global Enabling Rigid Pipelay Vessels. The Pipeline Group combines the capabilities of PPT, PTAG, Installation Engineering and vessel management consolidating expertise and knowledge in the areas of pipelay operations and engineering, materials, welding, coatings and lay analysis.
- Development and maintenance of a Baseline schedule in MSP for PG Projects, where necessary, including agreed S-curves, progress and reporting formats.
- Implementation of sub-contractor and establishment of reporting routines and progress follow up.
- Responsible for the timely updates of schedules and issue of reports to relevant disciplines, management and Client.
- Responsible for performing baseline revisions, and where applicable apply scheduling and planning techniques to analyse results.
- Analyse planning data and modify as required to achieve imposed targets through analysis and/or resource limited scheduling.
- Liaise with Package Managers and project teams to report any consequences / changes related to planned progress or clash identification.
- Assist in the continued development of an MSP based PG Integrated Schedule
- Development and maintenance of data summary dashboards, to include such information as progress, critical path status, deviation affect, etc.
- Operate within the Business Code of Conduct.
- Operate according to company Management Principles.
- Contribute to internal initiatives and development of PG Planning and Controls.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge of Primavera P6 an advantage, although not essential.
- Applicable Work Experience.
- Planning experience, preferably in the Oil & Gas, although not essential.
- Construction Planning Experience would be preferable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Packages Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Possess the ability to work well within a diverse team.
- Capable of interfacing effectively with peers and senior management.
- Must have a pro-active work ethic, while able to plan and prioritise workload.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.