Company: Baker Hughes
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on-board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories and new job opportunities you may be interested in.
The Staff Data Architect is responsible for the Architecture & Governance of the BH D&A platform. This role leads, directs and creates internal processes for our platform teams and data developers. He/she will also devise an architecture roadmap & governance practices for the platform liaising closely with the platform operations and applications teams.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role you will:
• Helps to create data modelling practices and standards for current and future state datawarehousing and lakehouse implementations.
• Develops best practices on ETL approaches and data retention policies to follow as an enterprise.
• Influences other teams and helps lead the COE around data architecture and governance.
• Assists in the analysis, design and development of a roadmap, design pattern, and implementation based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
• Gathers and analyzes data and develops architectural requirements at project level.
• Researches and evaluates emerging data technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities.
• Bachelor's Degree. A minimum 8 years of professional experience
• Master's in Computer Science preferred
• Minimum 8 years of data warehousing experience
• Responsible for implementing a large scale data warehouse/data lake across a multi ERP business entity landscape
• 5 years experience with Erwin or similar tool to build data models
• Developed ETL patterns using incremental data load strategies
• Understands how to create surrogate key strategies, sort key optimization, and sharding practices for MPP databases
• Fluent in data modelling practices including Inmon/Kimball, bus architecture, Types of Dimensions for CDC
• Able to communicate outcomes of approaches and present effectively.
• Build Relationships and Trust based on Delivering Value
• Implemented or worked on warehousing in the cloud with AWS, Azure, or GCP
• Maintained and implemented db hardware farms and familiar with HA concepts
• Deep Understanding of ETL tools like Informatica, Talend and familiar with new technologies such as pyspark, spark
• Passionate about data warehousing and BI and hands on with implementing best practices at a large enterprise
• Resourceful and quick learner; able to efficiently seek out, learn, & apply new areas of expertise as needed
*Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.