Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: Project Management
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on-board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories and new job opportunities you may be interested in.
This position will primarily be responsible for Program Management leadership for the Baker Hughes High Performance Computing (HPC) portfolio. The HPC environment is critical to Baker Hughes operations as it pertains to New Product Introduction, Research, Additive Manufacturing efforts and design & simulation practices.
This role will apply project and program management best practices, adapted to the culture of Baker Hughes, to ensure that each project results in the realization of the desired business benefits.
Essential Job Functions:
• Responsible for end-to-end program planning and coordination of all projects within the HPC program and their inter-dependencies through all phases: Initiation, Planning, Design, Execution, Deployment, Closing.
• Responsible for in-depth project planning, working directly with all internal stakeholders (corporate and field offices) as well as external vendors. This includes working with the project sponsors and key stakeholders to define the scope of the project, the project deliverables, resource requirements, as well as the appropriate project management approach for each project.
• Create integrated end-to-end project plans, including resource loading.
• Partner with the CTO (Technology Infrastructure) group to plan and execute all HPC infrastructure components (SW, HW, Connectivity, Storage++).
• Coordinate and facilitate project kick-off, status meetings and other team meetings where appropriate.
• Identify risks, issues, dependencies and mitigation recommendations and proactively manage the identification and resolution of risks and issues at both the project and program levels.
• Communication of project and program status and progress to all appropriate stakeholders.
• Create detailed cost estimates and overall management of program financials.
• Manage project scope using defined change management and escalation processes.
• HPC Licensing and Release Management.
• Oversee the sustain operations including management of hardware, software, indirect material supplies, licenses and purchased service agreements to maximize the efficiency of HPC Environment
• Establish and develop relationship with key HPC suppliers to ensure BH engagement on technology and product roadmaps & responsiveness to BH issues.
• Document lessons learned. Provide feedback and recommendations for improvement to the project. management methodology and templates.
• Lead the HPC separation and consolidation initiative.
• Bachelor's degree; MBA preferred.
• PMP or PgMP certification preferred. If not, employee will be expected to work toward certification.
• Minimum of 8 years' experience as a project manager/program manager on business and IT projects.
• Experience in managing High Performance Compute environments is highly desirable.
• Experience in the oil and gas industry is highly desirable.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong knowledge of project and program management methodology and techniques.
• Organizational change management. Ability to plan and coordinate organizational change activities associated with a program.
• Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations and facilitate workshops.
• Relates well to a variety of diverse work styles; treats differences fairly and equitably; treats everyone as a preferred customer.
• Strong leadership and management skills.
• Strong conflict resolution, negotiation and mediation skills.
• Flexible and able to change approach when necessary to deliver results.
• Must have the ability to assess situations and make corrective actions and adjustments to approach and style to complete tasks.
• Able to think ahead and anticipate issues.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills.
• Strong knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies.
*Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.