Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Senior Network Engineer - 12 Months Contract - Algeria - 28 x 28 Rotation
You are arriving at a time that the business is looking to rationalise & integrate their IT & Telecoms teams into a more cohesive unit & undertake a series of digital transformation projects. The Senior Network Engineer will also help to oversee the transformation of traditional telephony service to Unified Communications & development of team skills to reflect emerging cyber & business threats to maintaining a highly available network with robust operational processes.
Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for:-
- Assessing & optimising the LAN/WLAN/WAN, via network monitoring, stats, & health checks.
- Engineering, designing, configuring, installing, integrating, maintaining, & troubleshooting of enterprise networks & systems (enterprise converged networks, wired & wireless).
- Coordinating calls & scheduling appointments with service vendors to ensure resolution of problems & malfunctions.
- Maintaining documentation diagrams of Network Infrastructure.
- Maintaining enterprise wide IP addressing scheme.
- Researching, evaluating, & recommending new tools & technologies for converged data/voice/video network vendor products.
- Identifying network trends & abnormalities & pro-actively taking steps to prevent performance impacts to network traffic & business function.
- Performing pro-active support functions & reporting to maintain the integrity of the enterprise network equipment & infrastructure.
- Performing site surveys & coordinate with vendors,
- Network Security - Firewalls, Intrusion detection, incident response & escalation, security policy articulation & compliance checking.
- Network performance evaluation, monitoring & optimization.
- Design, organize, & lead any required system integration efforts required for VoIP implementation, deployment & troubleshooting.
- Troubleshooting routing problems.
- Isolating & replacing failing switches.
Senior Network Engineer Duties:
- Day to day operations management of network-related incidents & service requests
- Resolution or escalation of incidents & service requests within Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Management of network change communications & procedures within the change control framework.
- Monitor & report on network health using management tools including Solarwinds Network Performance Manager
- Perform daily network health checks identify & rectify any potential issues in a timely manner.
- Install & commission network infrastructure platforms including switches, routers, firewalls & load balancers.
- Provide expertise in development design & deployment of Wi-Fi & mobile (3G/4G) communications solutions to Enterprise & customer engineering projects.
- Administer network protocols & technologies including: MPLS, BGP, OSPF, IPSEC, PVST, LCP
- Create & maintain accurate, clear & comprehensive network documentation.
- Assist in the recommendation of new network equipment to meet project requirements.
- Work closely with other areas of the business to provide appropriate solutions & specialist support/advice for projects & variation orders as required.
- Take responsibility for customer project deliverables.
- Mentor & assist with the development of less experienced team members.
- Provide 3rd line support, including out-of-hours support in critical incidents & participate in on-call support.
- Perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Ensure application availability, performance, scalability & security throughout networks by using traffic management, delivery & acceleration techniques in conjunction with WAN optimisation caching & quality of service methods.
Senior Network Engineer Requirements:
- Experience: 10+ years of Telecom & Security engineering experience
- Extensive experience gained in a supervisory role in networking, telecommunications or cyber security.
- Leading on ICT infrastructure & security projects
- Development & ever greening of policy & procedures in complex ICT environment.
- Presenting & preparing reports to senior management
- Extensive & proven experience in designing, Installing, commissioning & supporting large complex multi-site voice & data LAN & WAN network solutions based predominantly on Cisco products.
- An in-depth understanding of network infrastructure design & best practice principles including routing & switching concepts & technologies, advanced IP addressing, dynamic routing protocols.
- MPLS, Secure & resilient routing solutions, Unified communications, Load balancing & traffic management, Quality of Service (QOS), Wireless & Mobile communications.
- Experience in Unified Communication & PBX replacement
- Experience of implementing & supporting remote access & legacy technologies.
- An in-depth understanding of end to end secure network concepts, technologies & protocols including Access control, Next generation, Web application & Stateful firewalls technologies, Intrusion prevention, Encryption (IPSEC, SSL, PKI), Security event information management systems, Proxy services.
- Excellent troubleshooting & problem diagnosis skills developed from experience.
- Experience of Fibre Channel over Ethernet solutions
- Experience of Storage Area Network implementation
- An understanding of the principles of Datacentre Management.
- Unix/Linux knowledge Platform Technology Exposure: Essential:
- Cisco Branch & Edge Routers • Cisco Datacentre, SAN fabric & Campus LAN Switches, including Nexus 5-7K
- Cisco Identity Service Engine
- Cisco Adaptive security & IDP appliances
- F5 Local & Global load-balancers
- Web Application or Next generation firewalls (Barracuda, Palo alto or similar)
- Ethernet, MPLS, DSL, Leased lines, ISDN
- DHCP, Dynamic DNS/BIND, SNMPv3, ACS, Radius/TACACS+,
- Fibre networks deployment & standards
- Cisco-Works LMS, Solarwinds Orion (or similar), Netflow collection & analysis. Probes, packet sniffers, cable analysers Desirable:
- Web Filtering (Websense) You will be accountable for the overall performance monitoring, evaluation, & review of Cyber Security, Network & Telecommunications, & be required to produce monthly reports of activity including threat analysis & a selection of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) & Critical Success Factors (CSF).
You will be expected to travel, visit operational sites & locations where project activities are on-going.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.