Skills: Design Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Basra, Iraq
Wood is currently looking for Instrument Designer to strengthen our team in Basra. The successful candidate must reside in the Basra and surrounding areas and there is no rotation associated with this position.
Working hours are 8 hours per day, 6 days per week.
- To provide technical support to the site team during design, engineering and construction.
- Preparation and checking of all types of Electrical and/or Instrument design deliverables such as Block Diagrams, Schematics, Layout Drawings, Termination Diagrams, Schedules, Loop Diagrams, Hook-up Arrangements, Material Take-Offs etc.
- Interdisciplinary check of all Civil/Structural/Piping/Mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation drawings.
- Review of vendor drawings for Equipment / Package items.
- Produce drawings in AutoCAD.
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to the discipline.
- To promote safe behaviour at all times.
- Maybe required to perform site surveys and data gathering exercises at various project locations.
- To provide discipline specific design and drafting services that meet the Project's and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma or HNC in Instrumentation or Electrical engineering (or relevant subject).
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred.
- Strong commitment to safety.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Excel and Word.
- Experience of 3D modelling using E3D would be an advantage.
- Must be able to work to an agreed scope, budget and schedule.
- Experience in the preparation and co-ordination of Electrical and/or Instrument design deliverables.
- Compliance with industry, international and Client Codes and standards.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English language.
- Onshore Oil and Gas related Electrical and/or Instrument design experience.
- Thorough awareness of international codes and standards used for Electrical and/or Instrument design in the Oil and Gas industry.
- A determination to continually improve safety in all aspects of plant design and operation.
- Extensive experience with prefabricated, packaged plant design.
- Knowledge of site-based project work involving field engineering and construction.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.