Currently seeking a process engineering enthusiast with previous biodiesel process experience. Good knowledge of mechanical equipment such as pumps, valves, mixers, heaters, coolers, centrifuges. Understanding of plant instrumentation and control with HMI experience. Ability to work with Siemens PCS7 or similar control software in a DCS environment highly regarded.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides day to day technical direction and advice for biodiesel production.
- Ensure production and quality targets are met.
- Assists with oil cleaning and wastewater processes.
- Monitors process conditions and recommends remedial actions.
- Executes control system improvement projects
- Performs in-process investigation and manages quality assurance systems.
- Minimizes process non-conformances, developing best practice, establishing protocols, and improving standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Maintains compliance and certification activities for the BQ9000 quality system.
- Champions lean based continuous improvement processes.
- Initiates and follows through projects with the operations teams.
- Supports problem solving and independent action with operations teams.
- Manages process data set collation and analysis for daily and periodic reporting.
- Assists the maintenance of integrated operational and financial models and performance analysis
- Leads production cost control initiatives.
- Support planned maintenance programs and CMMS development.
- Models safe behavior in the workplace.
- 2+ years relevant biodiesel or similar industrial processing work experience
- BS, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Must have detailed understanding of industrial processing equipment
- Must have strong multitasking abilities
- Expert computer and analytical skills, especially Excel.
- Control system experience with HMI programming desired.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.