Skills: Construction Superintendent
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Wood has a requirement for the following position:
Offshore Assistant Construction Supervisor
This position is a r otational position, 3 weeks on and 3 weeks off, and r esponsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide daily leadership and supervision to a team of offshore multi-discipline (Painters, Insulators, Electricians, Instrument Techs, Mechanics, and Pipefitters) in executing Construction activities.
- Provide Strong Safety Leadership and drive performance through execution of Safety Programs.
- Ensure activities are performed in a safe manner and in accordance to Client's safe operating procedures and Permit to Work (PTW) system.
- Liaise with Client and Specialist Vendors to ensure their planning, logistics and mobilization of personnel is in accordance with agreed plans.
- Work with onshore team to aid, as necessary, the development of detailed work packs for all planned work scopes as required.
- Responsible for performing QA/QC of construction activities to ensure quality checks are performed in accordance with Work Instructions
- Ensure timely preparation, submission and prioritization of all work permits in accordance with Client's PTW system.
- Attend daily planning / progress meetings.
- Daily coordination with onshore Implementation Team.
- Issue a detailed weekly report to include any safety incidents, progress against plan and any concerns regarding the work.
- Assist the Client Offshore Construction Supervisor by representing Wood with respect to platform Construction activities and liaise with onshore Leadership.
Skills / Qualifications
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- 10+ years of Construction experience, preferably managing/executing multi-discipline work scopes in an offshore oil and gas environment.
- Certification in Trade, Technology, and / or Degree is required.
- Good working knowledge of industry codes, specifications and applications across all trades.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to adapt to changing needs upon short notice.
- NACE/SSPC Protective Coating Specialist/Inspector certification would be considered an asset.
- Training required for offshore travel. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Basic Survival Training (BST) including HUET and HUEBA.
- Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S) Alive.
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS).
- Fall Protection.
- Confined Space Entry.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved may also be considered.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.