Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Wood is currently seeking a Project Engineer to join our Life Sciences team (Biotechnology/Pharmaceuticals) to develop life-changing and in many cases, life-saving solutions for our clients. We're looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual with the ability to execute all phases of project design. Project sizes will vary and will include both existing building improvements and new construction.
While this position will report into our Philadelphia location, due to our current remote capacity, we are also considering candidates outside of the Philadelphia area.
On a global scale, Wood serves the Life Sciences, Oil & Gas, Federal, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Mining, and Power Industries. Our Philadelphia office has become the Center of Excellence for our global Life Sciences network, providing full-service pharmaceutical and biotechnology engineering, design, procurement, and project management services.
Essential Job Functions :
- Serves as the focal point for and manages the day-to-day engineering activities on assigned project (or portion thereof)
- Oversees, monitors and manages the day-to-day engineering activities on assigned project for compliance with budget and schedule. Suggests and implements corrective actions as necessary to achieve expected results
- Monitors performance and productivity of project assigned engineering resources and provides feedback to employee's supervisor
- Monitors adequacy of staffing on assigned project and works with resource managers to make necessary adjustments
- Suggests new methods, procedures and work processes to continuously improve the project execution work processes
- Keeps project manager well-informed about engineer progress and problems
- Reviews drawings and other engineering documentation for compliance with contract requirements
- Prepares requisitions for purchased equipment
- Coordinates and interfaces with equipment suppliers
- Reviews and approves technical evaluations of supplier's proposals.
- Works and communicates effectively with customers, vendors, other technical disciplines, and the organization's project management team
- Assures that all work on assigned projects is timely, accurate and high quality
Essential Job Functions under Certain Circumstances :
- Gives effective presentations to customers, suppliers and internally within the organization, when appropriate
- May serve as an individual contributor or may plan, assign, coordinate, and review work of others depending on the scope of a particular assignment
- Reviews work thoroughly and receives technical guidance only on very unusual or complex problems
- Ensures the work performed is on schedule and within budget
Skills / Qualifications
- Excellent written and oral skills and an effective presenter
- Organizes, prioritizes and plans work activities, while using time efficiently
- Organizes, plans, prioritizes, and reviews the work of other engineers
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully, while developing alternative solutions, if necessary
- Understands business implications of decisions and activities
- Works with administrative supervision and effectively manages multiple and conflicting priorities
- Works cooperatively with others as a team member and/or leader,
- Understands both the technical and commercial aspects of the organization's projects and proposals
Education and Experience Requirements :
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in engineering or architecture
- A fully competent engineer with a well-developed knowledge of the engineering work processes, principles and practices associated with organization products and services
- Comprehensive knowledge of the industry practices in general and knowledge and understanding of how the work integrates into a complete project
- 7+ years of related industry experience
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.