Skills: Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Gordon, Georgia, United States
Looking for a career opportunity? Come join Wood as an I&E Technician in Gordon, GA. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more. Local candidates only as this is a full time position not offering per diem.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints, ISO's or other drawings and recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols for job application
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of power tools and hand tools appropriate for the job
- Recognize various materials used in instrumentation and control systems and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) manlifts, forklifts, and company trucks
- Understanding of unit's stability as it pertains to the relationship between the instruments, process and analyzer
- Ability to check flows, pressures and temperatures of the sample system
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills required to accurately operate on various types of test equipment available on sites
- Skilled in instrument reapplications
- Knowledge of codes, standards and application manuals
Skills / Qualifications
- Operational and maintenance understanding of instrumentation, controls, control systems, safety systems, and electrical equipment
- Must be able to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- PLC troubleshooting experience a plus
- Must be able to communicate, and work with other personnel, departments, and outside officials.
- Read and decipher electrical and control drawings.
- Understand the principals of flow, level, temperature, and pressure measurement and control.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.