Posted: Nov 12, 2021
Posted: Nov 12, 2021
Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering AGV Systems, an Oceaneering International Company, develops, implements and markets Automated Guided Vehicle Systems (AGVs), navigation hardware, and software. We offer customized and automated transport solutions to efficiently, competitively and effectively meet the ever-increasing transport demands of various industries by increasing productivity, reliability, flexibility and safety standards through innovation, expertise and robustness. Oceaneering AGV Systems has been delivering automatic guided vehicle solutions to the world's leading companies for 30 years.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs).
Duties & Responsibilities
As a Software Development Group Lead you will be responsible for leading a group of software (embedded and web) engineers to execute our technology roadmap, transform our product development team, improve our software development processes, develop our engineers and engineering capability, and help to define the needs of the business. You are a seasoned and inspiring Software Development Group Leader from which your leadership will help shape the culture of design, research, and product development at OASYS and in the AGV industry.
- Responsible for supervising Software engineers in our offices in The Netherlands, North America, and in our support center in India.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees, which includes planning; assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Observing project planning commitments and provide timely feedback in regular project team meetings.
- Act as a software engineering process owner.
- As a process owner you will manage change, drive lean principles, and continuously improve initiatives.
- Working with other group leads and managers to solve organizational challenges.
- Providing technical assurance by reviewing outputs from software engineering.
- Estimating resource requirements to meet technical and scheduling objectives.
- Develop, coach, and mentor software engineers.
- Providing technical consultation to other organizations.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities with engineers reporting to this role.
- Reports to OASYS Engineering Manager.
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline, preferably computer science-focused and at a Masters level
- Experience in the software product development lifecycle from concept to industrialization through to retirement
- Approximately ten years of relevant experience within Automation Industry, (Automated) Material Handling Solutions, Machinery & Industrial Engineering or related mechanical industries
- Good understanding of engineering processes, documentation, and data systems
- Experience with agile software development processes like Scrum, DevOps, etc.
- Experienced in leading a multinational team
- Excellent people skills
- Familiarity with Software Quality Management Systems (ISO 25010:2011)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good practical experience of risk management
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.