Various US, CO, US
Various US, CO, US
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Various US, CO, US
Wood is currently recruiting for an experienced Estimator - Electrical / Instrument to join their Construction Team. The position has a broad scope therefore the successful candidate will be required to be based in the United States.
If you appreciate the ability to work remotely and have a few years of estimating experience, this might be the perfect opportunity for you!
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Preparation, review, and submission of accurate estimates of how much it will cost to provide a client or potential client with services. This ensures accurate budgeting and planning can take place, supports the robust control of projects throughout their lifecycle to ensure the project can be delivered profitably.
Responsible for the development of project estimates and ensuring they are prepared to the required level of detail and accuracy in accordance with contractual requirements and Wood policies, procedures, and standards.
Supports more senior members of the estimating team in the management and development of the estimating team, the management of the contract or project estimating norms and the preparation and filing of project estimate documentation. May act as the focal point for several project scopes.
Responsible for identifying areas of best practice and driving continuous improvement within the Estimating team.
This role may be standalone or act as part of a team as determined by the requirements of the project/contract organization.
Skills / Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum 2 - 5 years of experience in the industrial environment
- Must be able to pass a drug screening, background check and safety council courses
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Proficient in computer usage
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and MC2 estimating software program
- Experience in estimating instrument and electrical industrial projects are highly preferred
- Understanding of all electrical and instrument related drawings and details
- Working knowledge of piping and instrument diagrams, piping isometric, piping material specifications and basic civil drawings
- Field experience in the instrument and electrical trades
- Thorough understanding of construction industry practices, codes and standards
- Good communication and math skills
- Be professional, ethical and a team player with a positive attitude
- Journeyman or master electrical license is preferred
- Must be physically capable of climbing stairs and attending site visits in all seasons
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.