Skills: Civil Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Horsham, United Kingdom
To manage Civil and Structural Engineering output from the T&D Engineering team. The role will be to manage a dedicated civil and structural project team and take accountability for efficient delivery of engineering in accordance with procedures and standards.
- Manage an engineering team and take accountability for engineering efficiency of quality delivery within programme and budgets.
- Managing Civil and Structural design engineering resources on specific project execution. Responsible for tracking budget and man - hours and reporting up - stream.
- Providing Civil and Structural engineering technical support and supporting personal development of the team members. Co - ordinating engineering activities with all disciplines and supporting construction.
- Provide input into the preparation of engineering estimates and working alongside project controls and planning groups to ensure efficient project execution.
- Ensure procedural compliance and support department audits.
Accountable for Deliverables and tasks below:
- Accountability for project engineering team outputs
- Provide technical support, leadership, and knowledge
- Provide periodical reports on performance and forecasting associated with engineering team
- Approval of all key design deliverables
- Manage multi - discipline co - ordination
- Provide support to project controls, estimating, planning for efficient project execution
- Provide engineering support for detailed Civil and Structural & temporary works design
- Manage remote engineering functions, where required
- Provide engineering input to Project Execution Plans and other project specific documentation
- Review vendor/third party drawings and assess their impact on the project
- Ensure design programme / schedule of deliverables complete with resource and cost in conjunction with the Project Manager and Planner is produced and updated
- Provide technical/practical construction support to the project site team
- Provide input into HSSE and Quality deliverables at project level
- Maintaining close contact and building relationships with both internal and external personnel
- Training/mentoring junior staff and skills/knowledge sharing
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of an HNC - Civil / Structural Engineering
- Degree - Civil / Structural Engineering
- Chartered Engineer
- Experience in a Civil and Structural engineering role
- Experience with industry specific and general engineering and document production office software
- HSSE competency Construction & Engineering
- HV/MV/LV technical competency
- Experience with all aspects of managing engineering deliverable production
- Technically Competent
- Quality Assurance competent
- Multi - discipline engineering experience
- Experience with project controls and report writing
- Familiar with latest industry standards
- Experience with managing design resources and deliverable output
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.