Skills: Environmental Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Wood is currently recruiting for a Junior Environmental Engineer or Scientist. This is an exciting opportunity for a junior environmental site assessment and remediation engineer or scientist to develop their career and work on unique and exciting environmental projects in the St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, area.
This position will provide technical support to our dynamic environment team by conducting a wide range of environmental site assessments and remediation assignments through field investigation, report writing and remedial activities.
Typical responsibilities may include:
- Field-based work, conducting and monitoring environmental and remediation field activities.
- Recording key field data.
- Complete Phase I / II Environmental Site Assessments typically including monitoring / sampling of soil and groundwater.
- Contribute to technical reports.
- Occasional physical work including sample collection, hand digging / purging, general labour, moving pumps and hoses, heavy lifting, etc.
- Cross-functional training to perform other roles on-site, as needed, such as hazardous material assessment, spill response, etc.
Skills / Qualifications
- Previous experience working in the environmental field as a Field Technician or Junior Professional completing environmental site assessments, contaminated site investigations and remediation projects is preferred.
- University Degree / College Diploma in a relevant Environmental discipline - Environmental or Civil Technology.
- Strong written and oral communication (English).
- Strong workplace safety practices and training.
- Must hold a valid driver's license.
- Demonstrated word processing and computer skills.
- Self-motivated with good organizational skills, can take initiative, handle challenges, prioritize multiple tasks, and provide superior service to clients.
- Demonstrates a commitment to personal and professional career development.
- Strong people skills and a desire and ability to work in the field within a team environment.
- The position will require travel throughout different regions of the Province
- Being available for extended period away from home location due to field assignments.
- Able to work 10+ hour days outdoors in all weather conditions.
- First Aid Training a plus.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.