Skills: Environmental Engineer, Waste Management
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is growing and we have an exciting opportunity for Water Resources Engineer with our Salt Lake City, UT team.
Are you a Water Resources Engineer who enjoys the challenge of working with a collaborative team on interesting projects? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employees' enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated, and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate has strong technical capabilities, is seeking challenging work, and the opportunity to make a difference.
- Work independently and collaboratively within a team of project managers, water resources engineers, environmental scientists, and GIS analysts to support FEMA RiskMap floodplain studies, highway drainage design, storm water planning/design, and more.
- Perform one- and two-dimensional modeling to complete hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) analyses in compliance with FEMA guidelines and specifications.
- Proficiently work with ArcGIS software to support modeling and mapping efforts.
- Proficiently use a variety of open channel and closed conduit modeling software applications like HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, SWMM, HY-8, etc.
- Lead the completion of select project phases, managing team member task assignments, budgets, and progress.
- Mentor junior staff in technical and non-technical skills.
- Prepare technical project reports including engineering analyses, figures, tables, etc.
- Effectively communicate technical information via visual presentations, writing, and speaking.
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering (Water Resources focus)
- 4+ years' applicable experience
- PE, or EIT with ability to obtain PE within 1 year of hire
- Strong in hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) analyses
- HEC-RAS experience (preferably steady and unsteady 1D, and 2D methods)
- ArcGIS experience
- Must pass drug test, background check and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.