Skills: Pipe Inspection / NDT, Warehouse Person
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently sourcing for a Material Handling Operator to join our team in Louisville, Kentucky.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required .
- Will operate proficiently and in a safe manner all the equipment associated with the material
handling systems such as: crawler tractors, earth moving pans, dump trucks, unloaders,
conveying systems, coal barge unloader, limestone unloader, limestone and coal reclaimers,
samplers, scales, etc.
- Will service and perform minor maintenance on material handling equipment such as: the
lubrication of equipment, changing air filters, checking tires for proper pressure levels, fueling
tractors, checking radiator levels, etc.
- Will participate in the inspection of all material handling equipment including: conveyor
systems, structures, miscellaneous equipment and unloaders.
- Conduct tasks such as:
o Coal and limestone barge unloading
o Coal train unloading
o Earth moving / road work
o Conveyor work / light preventive maintenance
o Manual housekeeping duties including shoveling and sweeping
Skills / Qualifications
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the mechanical functions involved in the operation of
heavy material moving equipment.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the material handling systems and the procedures involved
in unloading and conveying material.
- Must be observant and have normal color vision acuity in addition to being able to detect
abnormal operations through sight, sound, and smell.
- Knowledge of basic power plant operations and of Lock out/Tag out systems preferred
- Able to speak, read and write English
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.