Skills: Control Room Operations
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Wood is currently sourcing for a PWS Operator to join our team in Louisville, Kentucky.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required .
- Employee will operate station control boards, consoles and local stations efficiently and safely,
assuming systems responsibility, and direct the startup and shutdown of wastewater treatment
equipment as changes in wastewater flows dictate.
- Employee will direct, train, and assist employees of lower classifications.
- Employee will perform the switching functions per the Lockout Tagout program. This may
include coordinating or working with Plant operators as needed.
- Log readings on daily log sheets.
- Monitor wastewater flows and communicate with plant control room to understand any current
- Perform PWS walk down and inspect equipment/processes routinely. Assist laboratory with sample collection and analysis.
- Assist with the delivery/unloading of chemicals.
- Perform pump draw down tests and adjust chemical pumps as necessary.
- Assist maintenance personnel if needed.
- On minor/major outages you may be assigned where help is needed.
- Clean trenches and monitor for excessive buildup as necessary.
- General housekeeping after filter press runs (wash downs).
- Work with any CCR hauling contractors as needed (coordinate sludge hauling).
- Monthly PM's on greasing (motors, knife gate valves, etc.).
- Logging of process variables.
- Housekeeping and cleaning of process water building and control room/laboratory areas.
- Light preventive maintenance to include lubrication and cleaning.
- May be required to become proficient and operate Front end loader, Skid Steer, Dump Truck
and Vacuum Truck.
Skills / Qualifications
- Must be willing to work inside and outside under varying weather conditions.
- Three to five years' experience in heavy industrial / power plant environment preferred.
- General working knowledge of industrial control systems operations preferred.
- Familiar with basic maintenance requirements for equipment operated with ability to perform
some routine maintenance procedures.
- Ability to work rotating shift schedule.
- Understanding of OSHA safety rules in heavy industrial / power plant environment.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.