Skills: Warehouse Person
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Wood is currently sourcing for a Warehouse Technician to join our team in Louisville, Kentucky.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required .
- Functions, as needed as a tool room and/or warehouse attendant
- Conducts general warehouse maintenance (organization, cleaning, security)
- Resolves any material ordering and/or delivery discrepancies with end users and/or suppliers to
ensure the expected material and logistics services.
- Ensures accuracy of all receiving documents, i.e. packing slips and bills of lading, to support data
entry of receipt.
- Operates a forklift and other material handling equipment safely and proficiently to unload/load
materials from freight carriers or other transport equipment.
- Assists in storeroom organization by locating similar and/or compatible materials together with
consideration to volume and ergonomic positioning in bin-location.
- Assists in VMI material stocking levels and ordering and invoice reconciliation processes.
- Assists in procurement of emergency material with the plant personnel and vendors based on
- Ensures proper receiving, receipting and storage of (stock and non-stock) material delivered to
storeroom or job site.• Operates the assigned storeroom in such a way as to maximize the turnover ratio for all stock
material, i.e. reduce stocked quantities and scheduling delivery of material on an as needed
- Maintain organization and housekeeping of storeroom facility
- Assists in transfer of materials to and from other storeroom locations as needed.
- Perform inventory material physical counts as scheduled and in a timely and accurate manner to
ensure a high degree of accuracy of the inventory; reconcile unmatched counts; submit to
counts to management for review and approval.
- Expedites materials based on job requirements.
- Charges out materials using ORACLE and MAXIMO based on assigned project or work request
- Assists in Tool Room operations with material and tool check-outs and returns.
- Returns unused materials to stock and credit project.
- Attends and participate in site specific weekly and quarterly safety meeting.
- Maintains a good working knowledge of company policies, procedures and Sarbanes-Oxley
Skills / Qualifications
- Basic familiarity with power plant environment.
- At least 2 years of material handling experience preferred
- At least 1 year of warehousing or inventory experience preferred
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (esp. Word and Excel)
- Ability to translate verbal directions to finished work product with minimal oversight
- Good time management skills; able to multitask
- Accurate and well organized in work approach
- High School degree or equivalent is required; college degree is preferred
- General knowledge of standard inventory and warehousing processes
- General familiarity with industrial / manufacturing plant environment
- Ability to expeditiously learn and use specific inventory control process tools and software• Ability to accurately follow instructions with minimal oversight
- Self-motivated with solid work ethic
- Familiar with basic tools and equipment common to power plant service
- Able to operate forklifts, man lifts and other common warehousing equipment
- Able to lift 50 lbs. and to sit or stand for prolonged periods
- Able to expeditiously learn to interface with Oracle and Maximo plant software applications (as
- Able to read, write and speak English proficiently
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.