Skills: Mechanical Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Wood is currently sourcing for a Mechanical Technician to join our team in Louisville, Kentucky.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required .
- Maintain, repair, inspect, install, rebuild, and construct all types of power plant equipment and
structures throughout the station; diagnose the cause of and correct trouble that develops in
- Work in connection with the inspection, repair, maintenance and alignment of all types of
mechanical equipment such as: turbines, boilers, scrubbers, motors, pumps, valves,
compressors, motorized vehicles, etc.
- Lay out any type of rigging used in the work; direct or work on the erection of such rigging, and
- Mark blueprints to show any field changes which may have been made.
Skills / Qualifications
- Must be willing to work inside and outside under varying weather conditions.
- Three to five years' experience in heavy industrial / power plant environment preferred
- General working knowledge of power plant operations preferred
- Familiar with basic maintenance requirements for equipment operated with ability to perform
some routine maintenance procedures
- Ability to work shift schedule
- Understanding of OSHA safety rules in heavy industrial / power plant environment
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.