Position Summary: The ability to perform routine repair and maintenance of vehicles and equipment under supervision as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnoses, rebuilds, and repairs vehicles and equipment with supervision as needed.
- Performs inspections, preventive maintenance of vehicles and equipment, and minor component replacement as applicable.
- Prepares and maintains records and reports accurately.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Educational and Other Requirements:
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of six months work related skill, knowledge, and hands on experience or vocational training preferred.
- Promotion eligibility to Mechanic II is based on work performance and skills.
- Must possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be knowledgeable of safety practices and procedures.
- Must possess ability to work independently and as a member of team.
- Sensitive to confidential information.