Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Safety Administrator for a Maternity Leave Coverage in Fort St John, BC. Job Summary: to the admin supervisor, the safety admin will be the key point of contact between field, management and LMS (learner management group). Key aspects are to review, input, analyze, maintain, support and provide reporting for the LMS system and provide additional safety support for all of the Fort St John operational area on a daily basis.
The position will require approximately 100% office time Key Interfaces:
You will interact internally with numerous people or groups on a regular basis including operations, Safety, Integrity, Environmental, Accounting, Human Resources, LMS and management. Safety Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
•Work with Safety Coordinator, admin, Foremen, local senior management and other key staff to ensure area activities comply with all Company Policies / Procedures as well as applicable Provincial and Federal Regulations;
• Ensure all aspects of LMS as well as local protocols & procedures are followed.
• Work with Field to develop area and site specific plans.
• Work with Field team to create critical SOP's.
• Fulfil all responsibilities as outlined in the LMS.
• Promote consistent application of all aspects for the LMS and participate in the yearly management system audit.
• Ensure field staff have a thorough understanding of the LMS and work with the Safety Coordinator and management on area program needs and development.
• Ensure that all safety support material is inventoried and ordered when required.
• Ensure that all additional training is booked and communicated to staff in the FSJ office and field.
• Ensure that all reporting requirements are established and communicated on a monthly basis to staff in the FSJ office and field.
• Ensure that all safety meetings are properly organized and distributed on a monthly basis to staff in the FSJ office and field.
• Ensure that all safety points are properly tracked and communicated to staff in the FSJ office and field.
• Maintain proper safety data management system for Fort St John area. Financial Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
• Drive continuous unit cost improvement through identified key initiatives Technical Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
• Fit for purpose scoping. Identify what is needed & the most efficient systems to achieve it.
• Organize & facilitated review of project successes & learnings with key stakeholders & incorporate into upcoming projects.
• Utilize technology to improve operability & mitigate risk.
• Become knowledgeable in Corporate ERP System, and participate in tabletops and drills
•Identify and implement process improvements to improve efficiency Leadership Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
• Maintain ethical standards throughout all business practices while proactively anticipating, analyzing & leveraging trends that impact projects & their outcomes.
• Facilitate effective communication between project stakeholders. Ensure project path is clearly defined & understood.
• Treat Team members and Service providers with respect will coaching them to function at a high level of performance;
• Ensure key personnel are involved &/or consulted as required, including Superintendents, Foreman, Maintenance Foreman, operations, admin supervisor and admins
• Demonstrate & promote effective organizational skills including scheduling, reporting and cost estimating.
• Be an active performance coach and consistently provide positive and constructive feedback
• Seek to cultivate the skills of the employee/Contractors, understand their potential and help grow their skill sets to achieve their potential;
• Be an active performance coach and consistently provide positive and constructive feedback; Skills & Competencies:
- Minimum of 5 years of Industry experience.
- Business and staffing planning capabilities;
- Able to adapt to ever-changing external and internal requirements by adjusting current and developing new business practices;
- High level of communication, organization and analytical skills;
- Demonstrate commitment to Safety & Environmental principles;
- Possess knowledge in economics, financial reporting, controls and ethics;
- Proficiency with business tools.
- Manage administrative duties such as reports, cost tracking, Scheduling
- Identify and implement process improvements to improve efficiency;
- Proficiency with business tools including Microsoft Office, excel, word as well as in house packages and programs;
- Perform walking activities in all type of grades and slopes;
- Extended hours of work when required;
- Be able to stay in camp if required;
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.