Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for an International Mobility Tax Analyst, on a permanent staff basis, location in Aberdeen.
Financial: Responsible for administering the Real Time Information (RTI) Modified Payroll of the companies.
Non-Financial: Contribute to an efficient HR inbound expatriate management service for inbound Group employees assigned to the UK affiliates or to designated projects. This will include management of isolated E&P employees based at various project locations across the UK. Working closely with HR contacts in UK affiliates and with Group HR International Mobility contacts (company Gestion Internationale, Refining & Chemicals, Marketing & Services, Trading & Shipping)
- Preparation of the RTI tax reporting process for efficient and timely delivery of the Modified Payroll of applicable UK affiliates/entities.
- Preparation of the monthly RTI submissions to the Company-appointed Tax service provider.
- Approval of monthly calculations and processing of payment to the UK tax authorities.
- Understand what information is required for and collate this information for the internal year-end gross-up process per UK affiliate/entity. This will include capturing and reporting relevant information for any trailing liabilities in relation to share schemes or historical stock option awards.
- Frequent interaction and collaboration with company Tax Department (acting on behalf of UK) and Company-appointed Tax service provider to ensure tax compliance across all subsidiaries/entities for the tax reporting process, ensuring positions adopted are compliant and that all available tax relief provisions are claimed;
- Work closely with HR, Payroll and Tax contacts in the relevant UK affiliates/entities and overseas affiliates for data gathering.
- Coordinate the issue and completion by authorised employees of the annual tax questionnaire and declaration process, in accordance with the agreed timeline established with the Company-appointed Tax service provider.
- Working closely with appropriate UK Business Unit HR team, provide guidance and assistance to inbound expatriates to ensure that their tax returns are filed in a timely manner.
- Collect, collate and maintain exchange rate tables, logging of all invoices, allowances and expenses on an ongoing basis, as required in support of the RTI reporting process.
- Tracking of overseas workdays refunds from HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) working closely with the Finance Department to confirm receipt and correct allocation of refunds.
- Prepare the Short-Term Business Visitor reporting process for applicable UK entities, ensuring submission of the reports by the annual deadline.
Campaign Taxation / Taxation:
- Coordinate with UK Business Unit HR teams on the UK taxable events of Company Performance Share Grant Plans (PSGs) and Capital Increase Schemes (CIS) for inbound expatriates assigned to applicable UK affiliates/entities). This will involve preparation of calculations with the assistance of the company Tax Department, managing communications to inbound expatriates and managing follow-up actions including the preparation of tax certificates, recharges to legal employers for the interest-free loans requests and, where appropriate, collection of payments from inbound expatriates. Ensure Group process is followed.
- Support the administration of UK taxable events affecting other categories of internationally mobile employees (such as TGI employees of UK-origin) and work closely with the relevant Payroll Team to ensure all affected employees are treated correctly and communicated with at the time of each taxable event;
- Assist in the preparation and roll out of Capital Increase Scheme UK taxation information to inbound expatriates, developing communication templates and material to ensure the UK tax implications of subscribing to the scheme are clear and concise.
- Schedule tax arrival briefings for all new inbound expatriates to the UK, ensuring they take place shortly after arrival in the UK. Ensure the content of the tax arrival briefings is reviewed regularly.
- Assist UK Business Unit HR teams with ad-hoc tax issues relating to internationally mobile workers (such as short term secondments, business visitors and on-the-job training cases), involving company Tax Department and Company-appointed Tax service provider where necessary, checking double taxation agreements between the UK and residence country of the relevant visitor, managing requests to HMRC accordingly during the tax year for inclusion in the STBV report.
- Coordinate the Short-Term Business Visitor reporting process for applicable UK affiliates/entities, liaising with Facilities department and managers to ensure all visitors are captured and reported appropriately.
This role is central in enabling effective delivery of an HR inbound expatriate service to company affiliates/entities in the UK. This role is essential in ensuring that all UK affiliates/entities are compliant in their reporting to HMRC of all Company salary and reportable Company-provided benefits paid to inbound expatriates to the UK. The role is also pivotal in ensuring the level of tax and UK National Insurance paid is adjusted to take account of any available tax relief provisions, where these may apply.
- Relevant experience covering similar areas
- Relevant University Degree and / or Grad CIPD preferred
- Good understanding of Expatriation policies and procedures, especially in relation to tax and social security
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as ability to communicate internally, externally and cross-culturally at all levels within the organisation
- Excellent organisational skills and be used to working to deadlines
- Aptitude for processing and interpreting financial information and data manipulation
- Aptitude for system and process improvements with a view to simplification and streamlining of work practices
- Ability to work independently and as part of team with professionals of all levels
- Strong customer focus
- Understanding of French language would be beneficial