Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting a HSSES Manager to support in Africa and to the Europe, Middle East & Africa business group. The work location is flexible within the UK.
You will be responsible for the provision of timely advice, guidance and support on all matters pertaining to HSSES across a diverse portfolio of projects.
You will have direct responsibility for HSSES team members within the Africa region.
This role will be split 50% Africa and 50% EMEA.
- Manage & co-ordinate the deployment of Wood's HSSES management system across a diverse portfolio of projects in the Africa region
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to Africa leadership and project leadership teams on all HSSES matters
- Lead a program of workforce engagement on HSSES initiatives & campaigns
- Drive a proactive Safety Culture throughout the region by implementing & embedding the Safety Shield elements of "Prepare, Engage & Intervene"
- Develop regional level HSSES risk management processes including HSSES Risk Register
- Create and manage the delivery of annual HSSES objectives & improvement actions in line with Group/BU frameworks
- Analyse leading & lagging data to identify trends, threats and opportunities for improvement
- Lead the incident management process across the region including overseeing all CAIRS cases and supporting delivery of project investigations & Incident Review Panels
- Develop, implement, and test emergency response plans and business continuity plans across the region
- Be an active emergency response team member and provide support during emergency events as required
- Manage, coach & develop HSSES team members in the Africa region
- Develop risk based HSSES assurance programs and manage to completion through ATRAC
- Lead/Co-ordinate all level 2 regional HSSES audits and support, review and approve level 3 project audits
- Participate in both physical and virtual leadership visits as part of the Africa engagement framework
- Host and facilitate a monthly HSSES engagement forum for project leadership and HSSES teams to engage and share concerns, issues & support needs
- Review and approve travel risk assessments for rotational international expats
- Deliver various HSSES related training courses at regional, functional and project level
- Support the consistent execution of the Wood Enterprise HSSES Management System & the EMEA HSSES strategy across all service lines
- Take a leading role in creating and co-ordinating the roll out of improvement initiatives including the embedding of the Safety Shield
- Contribute to the continual improvement of EMEA procedures and methods of working
- Conduct regular compliance reviews of CAIRS and HEART entries and report on any trends identified
- Promote positive recognition of employees and help facilitate the Safety Shield Award program across EMEA
- Lead & support incident investigations as required
- Ensuring incident and good practice learnings from around Wood are shared and actioned across EMEA
- Lead EMEA assurance activities and support service lines assurance programs as required
- Become a sustainability champion for EMEA and support the delivery of sustainability goals and objectives across service lines
- Engage with wider HSSES community to build relationships and support a consistent BU approach
- Represent EMEA on BU & Group level workgroups as required
Note: This role may require occasional travel within the UK and internationally.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in a relevant HSSES related or technical discipline
- GradIOSH equivalent level of qualification (NCRQ Diploma, NVQ Level 5, NEBOSH Diploma or similar)
- Internal Auditor (essential), Lead Auditor (desirable)
- Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis (TopSet, TapRoot, Helix or similar)
- Demonstrable industry experience in a HSSES role
- Experience of working internationally within a mutli-cultural team (desirable)
- Excellent working knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations
- Able to manage their own time and workload effectively
- High level of communication skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Demonstrable commitment to company and client values
- Trustworthy & Approachable
- Emotionally mature
- Ability to influence and positively challenge others
- Creative and innovative thinking
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.