Zug, Canton of Zug, Switzerland
Zug, Canton of Zug, Switzerland
Skills: Contracts Administration
Experience: 50 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Zug, Canton of Zug, Switzerland
Wood is currently recruiting for a Pipeline Onshore Commissioning Services - Contract Manager to support our client Nord Stream based in Zug, Switzerland.
The Nord Stream twin pipeline system through the Baltic Sea runs from Vyborg, Russia to Lubmin near Greifswald, Germany. The pipelines were built and are operated by Nord Stream AG.
The twin 1,224-kilometre offshore pipelines are the most direct connection between the vast gas reserves in Russia and energy markets in the European Union. Combined, the twin pipelines have the capacity to transport a combined total of 55 billion cubic metres (bcm) of gas a year to businesses and households in the EU for at least 50 years. ( https://www.nord-stream.com/ )
The project has been designated as being of "European interest" by the European Parliament and Council as it strengthens the EU energy market and reinforces security of supply. The team supporting this asset is formed of the very best specialists and experts in the industry.
Wood is proud to support our client Nord Stream in the maintenance aspects of this important asset, and we provide specialist support towards the management of their Emergency Pipeline Repair Strategy. To be ready for any emergency, extensive engineering preparations are being made, both for the response offshore and onshore. We are in the process of recruiting additional specialists and experts into the team.
Should an incident occur offshore, it is expected that the operations at the landfall sites will be extremely challenging, and the performance of the onshore activities - the Onshore Commissioning Services - is of critical importance.
The position of Pipeline Onshore Commissioning Services - Contract Manager is to oversee:
- Preparedness for mobilisation of pipeline emergency response personnel and spreads (pigs, MEG/N2 spreads, separator and heaters, utilities)
- Pre-investment of long lead items (pigs, pipework, ground preparation, pumps etc.)
- Preservation and maintenance activities
- Management of the pigging operation in case of pipeline damage (including engineering of the pig train configuration and operational coordination with Nord Stream and upstream/downstream site operators)
Skills / Qualifications
Must have proven experience:
- Degree in a relevant Engineering field
- Significant experience in offshore pipeline pigging and pre-com/commissioning operations, construction and/or repair
- Experience in procurement/manufacturing/on site integration of pig spreads, pipework & pre-com/com equipment
- Strong technical and project management capabilities
Must possess the following personal attributes:
- Ability to independently lead and coordinate a technical work scope involving multiple interfaces with Third Parties simultaneously
- Strong communication and interface capabilities. Ability to deal with different cultures and authorities.
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of German and/or Russian desirable, but not a must
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure
- Availability to travel
- You must have the right to reside and work in Switzerland. We will assist the successful candidate in obtaining the required permits
- You will be employed by Wood, under a Swiss employment contract
- Whilst a Wood employee, you will be placed into our Client's Zug office to join their project team and report to our Client on a day-to-day basis
- Planned start date is 01 August 2021
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.