Skills: Environmental Engineer, Environmental, Safety & Training
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Environmental Analyst to work with senior managers to assist with environmental planning projects, expand existing and new client relationships, and contribute to Wood's capacity in the environmental and engineering marketplace. Wood has an exciting mix of land use and recreation planning projects as well as environmental planning projects that offer entry level analysts the opportunity for broad exposure to diverse projects and opportunities for career advancement.
The successful candidate will report to a Senior Program Manager and work directly with project managers throughout California. Primary responsibilities will include preparing analyses of environmental issues in the context of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) compliance, Clean Water Act (CWA) Section 404 permitting, local planning documents, etc.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Environmental Science, Land Use Planning, Natural Resources Management or related field
- One-to-three years of work or internship experience, including preparing written documents such as authoring / developing resource descriptions, impacts analyses, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
- Working knowledge of environmental/engineering principles and standards
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with environmental issues and general familiarity with NEPA and CEQA preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office: Excel and Word, in particular
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.