Skills: Electrical Engineering, Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking an Electrical & Instrumentation Department Engineering Manager to join our Mining & Minerals team in Oakville, Ontario who has a proven track record of leading teams, understands cultural dynamics of an organization, and is experienced with creating strategic vision while balancing the needs of a department.
This key leadership role has an overall responsibility for directing the development of the Electrical and Instrumentation engineering and design team. The manager will plan, schedule and assign/supervise or conduct broad and/or technically complex engineering assignments requiring judgment, independent evaluation, selection and significant adaptation and deviation from standard techniques and procedures.
- Develop Electrical & Instrumentation capabilities and maintain a high-quality company brand through training and recruiting activities
- Lead a team, while managing complex initiatives and projects
- Manage and direct the activities of Oakville Electrical & Instrumentation engineers and designers, including assignment of staff to reimbursable projects and internal development activities
- Manage departmental budgets and reimburse-ability targets.
- Coordinate with the human resources department for recruitment and development of Electrical & Instrumentation engineering & design staff, establishing professional competencies to grow and expand the technical capabilities of the group
- Assign objectives and provide regular performance feedback for the Electrical & Instrumentation staff
- Act as lead electrical engineer on assorted projects; plan, manage and coordinate the electrical engineering activities on large and/or technically complex portion of a project and/or serve in an individual contributor role as the electrical expert completing broadly defined and/or technically complex engineering assignments.
- Develop, plan, evaluate and recommend solutions for difficult problems.
- Coordinate the activities of a team of engineers assigned to a project and provide technical supervision of the day-to-day activities of task assigned (non-project-dedicated) personnel.
- Supervise and/or prepares proposals, contract design drawings and calculations, contract information, specifications and other engineering documentation using standards and/or new methods as required
- Develop and implement staffing and training plans, in coordination with appropriate departments and projects
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Designation as a Professional Engineer in Canada. Must be eligible to register as a Professional Engineer in Ontario if not currently registered with PEO
- 10 to 15 years of progressively responsible related engineering experience is required for this position and m inimum 5 years' experience in a supervisory / lead role
- Ability to manage risk during the design process consistent with technical, commercial and regulatory requirements
- Excellent literacy, numerical and analytical skills
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.