Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Buyer. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, this position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. This role has the overall responsibility for providing key supply chain management support to Wood project teams in our Transmission & Distribution business. If you have a desire to learn and develop multi-discipline supply chain skills and thrive on challenges in a fast paced and growing environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Provide assistance to the Procurement team in a learning environment
- Creating, updating, and maintaining procurement plans, issuing procurement plans to contractors
- Coordinate the purchase of equipment and materials between the various projects and their teams
- Committing purchase orders and maintaining controls to monitor supplier performance and conformance to commercial terms
- Developing and maintaining Requests for Quotations (RFQ's) and Purchase Orders (PO's) within the client's system and Wood system
- Attesting vendor invoices
- Electronic file management in company file sharing systems
- Assisting with the documenting of shipping and receiving of all materials to various job sites
- Coordinating resolution of shortages and overages
- Reporting on material status per project schedules
Skills / Qualifications
- Solid organization and communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Post-secondary business training
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Experience in procurement and materials coordination roles, preferably in a construction environment, is highly desirable
- Advanced level of MS Word and Excel, including a good comfort level of working within a supply chain management software package (MRP)
- Experience working with SAP is considered an asset
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.