Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Minden, Nevada, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Installing, configuring, and supporting network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, VLAN networks, DNS and DHCP.
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and hardware including systems software, applications software, operating system updates, firewall configuration, antivirus administration and configurations.
- Maintain on-site and cloud backup system along with disaster recovery operations.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems in a large manufacturing environment. Including Palo Alto firewall networking within and outside of manufacturing lines.
- Implement, monitor, and maintain all levels of network security including security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the corporate security team.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks including development and maintaining of network system processes and procedures. Including maintaining, and practice Business Continuity Plan (BCP) to ensure manufacturing endurance.
- Designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks.
- Bachelor's Degree with relevant experience in Network Engineering, Computer Science Engineering or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
- 3 years applied and technical experience in network architecture, deployment, and supporting enterprise level network environment with IP based protocols and troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with LAN, WAN, and WLAN design and implementation.
- Experience in VMWare and vSphere - Virtual Machine cluster management
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, authentication, security groups, domain controllers.
- Experience with using Palo Alto log analysis, Sysinternals Process Monitor, and with network shared folder permissions management.
- Experience perform Command line remote configuration and management of fleet Windows computers using psexec (sysinternals utility) or other method.
- Experience with network systems, security principles, management.
- Experience with network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including routers, switches, firewalls, remote access, and VLANS.
- Experience with network hardware and system troubleshooting. HPE Aruba network / Cisco.
- Experience with Veeam backup software, SQL Server and database management.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.