Skills: Construction Manager
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Nipawin, Saskatchewan, Canada
Wood is currently recruiting for a Construction Manager. As a member of Wood's PM team the selected candidate will oversee and manage construction work at the Client's facility located in Nipawin, Saskatchewan.
The Construction Manager will be seconded into the Client's organization and will be working directly under the supervision of the Client. The Construction Manager will be responsible for organizing, managing and administering all site construction activities in accordance with the Project requirements. Some of the duties anticipated include:
- Enforces Safety, Health, Environment, and Security requirements with all Construction Contractors and Vendors.
- Assists Construction Safety and Contractors in development of safety plans and enforcement of safety processes / procedures.
- Provides a key input to the development of the construction schedule and any revisions required for approved project changes or recovery plans needed to address schedule slippage.
- Leads Constructability Reviews, provides Constructability Input Throughout the Project Life Cycle as Required.
- Leads, manages, and coordinates all field resources (Contractors, Site Vendors, etc.)
- Ensures construction work is well organized, properly assigned, and supervised. Provides coaching where needed.
- Be fully familiar with the contract requirements, local laws and regulations, policies and procedures and ensure that those requirements relating to the site operations are implemented and complied with .
- Provide regular progress reports to the client.
- Provides "point of contact" interface with all Construction Contractors, ensuring good communication and compliance with contract scope-of-work.
- Coordinates project work between Construction Contractors, Vendors, Operations and Maintenance.
- Proactively anticipate, identify, and resolve construction-related issues or problems, especially in cases where a delay could cause impact to project safety, schedule and / or cost.
- Utilizes the Change Control Procedure in managing and reporting all field changes.
- Identify and report construction events that may impact the project's cost, schedule, and scope.
- Ensures requirements for permitting, lifting plans and excavation approvals are in accordance with facility procedures.
- Monitors Construction Contractors, inspecting their work to ensure compliance with drawings, specifications, and standards.
- Ensures mandatory inspections and testing is being completed and properly recorded. Providing witness services when needed.
- Coordinates testing service providers
- Ensures adequate on-site management of materials (warehousing and field).
- Ensures Punch Lists are properly defined and resolved prior to commissioning, Start-up and Contractor demobilization.
- Develops equipment and material lay-down areas and warehousing plan. Obtain required approvals
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 6 years of industry experience in managing construction works in brown-field settings with existing operations.
- A degree in a relevant technical discipline is highly desirable, but not essential if the candidate can demonstrate a strong combination of construction, technical and commercial experience.
- Multi-discipline experience is preferred since there is a mix of civil works (roads, paving, foundations), mechanical equipment installations, electrical and instrumentation.
- Looking for a candidate who is open to relocation without assistance from Wood.
- Extensive track record managing field construction activities within the industrial and manufacturing sector.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.