Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Wood is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our Life Sciences team (Biotechnology/Pharmaceuticals) to develop life-changing and in many cases, life-saving solutions for our clients. We're looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual with the ability to execute all phases of project design. Project sizes will vary and will include both existing building improvements and new construction.
While this position will report into our Philadelphia location, due to our current remote capacity, we are also considering candidates outside of the Philadelphia area.
On a global scale, Wood serves the Life Sciences, Oil & Gas, Federal, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Mining, and Power Industries. Our Philadelphia office has become the Center of Excellence for our global Life Sciences network, providing full-service pharmaceutical and biotechnology engineering, design, procurement, and project management services.
- Involved in developing HVAC / Mechanical design documents for biotech and pharmaceutical facilities including:
- Utility system sizing calculations
- HVAC airflow and instrumentation diagrams
- Pressurization diagrams
- Zoning plans
- Utility system hydronic and instrumentation diagrams
- General arrangement plans
- Involved in developing specifications, control strategies, and sequence of operations for Building Management Systems
- Coordinating work with process engineers and architects to define utility requirements for utility generation and distribution systems
- Preparing bid and purchase specifications for mechanical equipment (e.g. HVAC Systems, boilers, chillers)
- Performing field surveys and evaluate condition of existing equipment and systems
- Involved in developing of Plumbing Fire Protection System Performance Specification and Classification Plans for small projects
- Reviewing submittals and shop drawings, provide general Construction Administration support
- Involved in developing final construction documents including plans, specifications, schedules, and details
Skills / Qualifications
- BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering
- 5+ years' experience in a similar position for Biotech and Pharmaceutical industry
- Required computer skills: AutoCAD, Revit 3D modeling
- Preferred computer skills: PipeFlo, CFD Airflow Modeling
- Flexibility to travel (~10%)
- Knowledge of cGMPs preferred
- Knowledge of building mechanical and lift safety codes preferred
- International experience preferred
- LEED-AP and/or CEM credential is desirable
- Experience with sustainable design, alternative energy, energy audits, and USGBC Commissioning is preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.