Skills: Design Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Projects is looking for Mechanical Designers, over all levels of experience, who aspire to be part of a team delivering powerful results. We look for innovative ideas and an agile approach to deliver the best possible outcomes and offer you an opportunity to progress and thrive by working collectively and making an active contribution. Wood is leading some of the world's most technically challenging mining and minerals projects across a range of commodities, including the new wave of battery metals and rare earths opportunities.
Join our collaborative team, working on projects and studies in our Perth office.
Dependant on experience, duties would include:
- Creating models (in both 2D and 3D) and technical drawings of mechanical wet and dry plant layouts
- Capable of taking concepts through to completion
- Turn initial sketches into detailed and complete design models and drawings
- Able to input into design and layout issues
- Ensure designs are produced in accordance with client, discipline, statutory regulations, good practice and procedural requirements
- Able to work to a time frame and deliver on budget
- Liaison, support and timely transfer of information to other disciplines
- Respond to technical queries
- Act as checker for other designers as required
- Mentoring junior designers
Please nominate the level (i.e. discipline, Senior, Lead or Principal) of Mechanical Designer you are applying for.
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma or equivalent in design / drafting from a recognised institution
- Mechanical and/or piping design drafting experience in the mining and metals processing field
- Understanding of discipline technology and other discipline requirements
- Ability to problem-solve effectively
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competency in Microstation / Aecosim 2D and 3D Design tools
- Understanding of Australian and common International standards and regulatory authority requirements in the mining and minerals processing sector
- A commitment to HSE
- Self-motivated with the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- A desire to learn and develop
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you're a Mechanical Designer, ready for a rewarding challenge, then Wood is keen to hear from you today.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.