Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Piping Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a Senior PlumbingEngineer to join our Life Sciences team (Biotechnology/Pharmaceuticals) to develop life-changing and in many cases, life-saving solutions for our clients. We're looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual with the ability to execute all phases of project design. Project sizes will vary and will include both existing building improvements and new construction.
While this position will report into our Philadelphia location, due to our current remote capacity, we are also considering candidates outside of the Philadelphia area.
On a global scale, Wood serves the Life Sciences, Oil & Gas, Federal, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Mining, and Power Industries. Our Philadelphia office has become the Center of Excellence for our global Life Sciences network, providing full-service pharmaceutical and biotechnology engineering, design, procurement, and project management services.
- Leading the project design team from a plumbing perspective and facilitating standardization in design approach and delivery
- Preparing drawings, reports, and plumbing specifications
- Providing technical guidance, mentoring and quality assurance to Engineers/Designers to ensure the technical competence of plumbing engineering/design on projects
- Providing regular reviews on projects to evaluate clients' expectations
- Conducting process improvement analysis as it relates to the operation and performance of plumbing systems
- Supporting business development activities including proposal preparation and supporting estimating and scheduling activities
- Strong working relationships with developers, contractors, and industrial regulators
- Assist the Engineering Manager/Lead Mechanical/Piping Engineer with the delivery of project requirements as they relate to scope, cost, and schedule
- Prepare and/or review project standard specifications and design criteria
- Prepare or provide input to 3D models and 2D drawings (incl. P&ID's and Isometrics)
- Participate in and contribute to design reviews
- Carry out assigned tasks within budget and schedule
- Assist with technical queries raised during the construction phase
- Potential for other leadership roles in the future
Skills / Qualifications
- Extensive knowledge of plumbing codes; BOCA, IAPMO, ICC and local codes
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, piping engineering, or related field
- Professional Engineering Designation (PE)
- Minimum 10 years' experience in similar projects
- Strong Technical ability, strength in plumbing system designing and doing field reviews for, Commercial, Institutional, and Industrial buildings (experience on biotech or pharmaceutical facilities desired)
- Working knowledge of industry standards, regulations, and codes pertinent to piping systems design (cGMP experience a plus)
- Incorporating multidisciplinary information (e.g., electrical, architectural, structural, geotechnical, energy modelling, sustainability acoustics, client requirements
- Experience with AutoCAD and Revit a plus
- Competency compiling Engineering drawings (hand/CAD/BIM)
- Ability to delegate tasks and effectively supervise others
- International experience preferred
- It would be preferable if the candidate has Mechanical (HVAC) experience also, but not critical
- Approaches tasks in a positive and professional manner
- Able to clearly explain engineering design information to clients in layman's terms
- Able to deliver accurate & consistent results in a complex and deadline driven environment
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.