Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Plaquemine, Louisiana, United States
Come join Wood as a Laborer in Plaquemine, LA . The role will perform inventory control related activities. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more. Local candidates only.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Operate jackhammers and drills to break up concrete or pavement
- Position, join, align and seal structural components, such as concrete wall sections and pipes
- Shovel cement and other materials into portable cement mixers: and mix, pour, and spread concrete
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials
- Smooth and finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using floats, trowels, screeds, or powered cement finishing tools
- Tend to machines that pump concrete, grout, and sand
- Tend to pumps, compressors, and generators to provide power for tools, machinery, and equipment, or to heat and move materials such as asphalt
- Lubricate, clean and repair machinery, equipment, and tools.
- Operate, read, and maintain air monitoring and other sampling devices in confined and/or hazardous environments.
- Assisting build and positioning forms for pouring concrete, and dismantle forms after use, using saws, hammers, nails, or bolts.
- Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards, while following all waste handling guidelines.
- Control traffic passing near, in, and around work zones.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, and compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, and rakes.
- Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps and other temporary structures.
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
- Act as a watch when welding or metal cutting is performed by craft workers.
- Read and interpret plans, instructions, and specifications to determine work activities
- Expedites materials and equipment to work locations and sets up work sites.
- Completes records, maintains tools and equipment, and performs various janitorial / housekeeping activities
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment. Performs other duties as required.
- Use effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Be capable of listening and communicating with other supervision and employees.
- Be motivated and work safely and productively.
- Understand and respond accordingly to all safety alerts, warnings, hazards, etc.
Skills / Qualifications
3 years and above documented field experience in chosen craft discipline with ability to read and interpret instructions and document, plan and perform work activities independently.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.