Note - This posting is to pipeline for future upcoming role, not an active role for now Chemical Plant Shift SupervisorAre you passionate about Chemical Manufacturing?Do you enjoy ensuring the production of high quality for Chemical Manufacturing?Join our Chemical Manufacturing team
We are the leader in well construction and production. Our innovative physical and digital solutions improve efficiency, production and maximize reservoir value. Our team ensures high quality, consistency and reliability for all products throughout the complete life-cycle of our chemical manufacturing production process.Lead a team to deliver first class service
As a Chemical Plant Shift Supervisor, you're to supervise day to day activities of the process plants, to ensure smooth and safe operation of a major hazardous installation (MHI). Leading the daily work of employees to ensure compliance with health, safety, environment and quality programs. Meeting the production objectives as specified by the production scheduler via the production plan.
As a Chemical Plant Shift Supervisor, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Having overall supervisory responsibility for the operation and housekeeping of the Reaction, Blend, & Utilities Plants.
- Having specific responsibility for the continual training and appraisal of operators. Identification of training and development needs; maintenance of company rules and recognition and resolution of problems that may hinder the performance of any member of staff reporting to the post.
- Having knowledge of products and/or understanding of QC analysis. Knowledge of required transactions performed in SAP manufacturing database.
- Approving and controlling the issuing of permits via the permit to work system for key areas of the plant, to coordinate with other departments to ensure the safe and effective transfer of plant and equipment for repairs and reinstatement.
- Ensuring that all plant areas reporting to them are operated within the philosophy of the relevant health, safety and environmental legislation.
- Communicating to personnel company business and receive feedback for discussion, thereby creating and maintaining good industrial relations.
- Taking on an active role in process improvement measures and related activities.
- Being responsible for fulfilling individual goals and objectives as well as contributing to the goals and objectives of the team.
- Being a part of the On-Site Emergency Response Team
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have 3+ years' experience in chemical processing within a multi-purpose batch plant
- Have experience supervising a team of individuals with full understanding of Permit to Work Systems
- Have experience working with systematic management systems, such as ISO9001, 14001, Process Safety Management and Permit to Work
- Have experience working in MHI site and basic understanding of MHI legislation
- Have experience of managing the day to day requirements regarding the management of personnel
- Have experience of planning and scheduling the department workload in order to meet customer order dates
- Have previous experience of undertaking management responsibilities in relation to the Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) of employees with ability to work safely and ensure others work safely
- Have good communication skills with both written and verbal
- Have planning, organisational and identifying process improvements skills
- Have delegating and allocating workload skills and ability to work under pressure
- Have problem solving skills and ability to work to strict deadlines
- Have flexible in their approach and willing to learn and develop
- Have experience in SAP and Microsoft Office packages
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Please discuss your preferred working patterns with the recruiter during the process
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.