Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Louisa, Virginia, United States
Wood is currently seeking a Solar Construction Quality Manager, with robust quality experience to join our Solar business . The role supports the Renewables Quality Manager by being physically present at solar construction sites to perform the three phases of control and prepare documentation for each definable feature of work in their area of responsibility. Wood has identified renewable energy as one of our key markets for growth and investment. If you interested in growing your career in the renewable energy industry and you have a strong background in quality management, then this is the role for you.
- Ensure that the construction project plans are properly executed and evaluate the effectiveness of controls delineated in the PQP and implementing procedures
- Project level auditing and quality planning
- Work with project team to develop execution strategies, analyze risk and develop lessons learned upon closure of project
- Manage project documentation through turnover to client
- Manage a team of quality control inspectors
- Perform acceptance and rejection of services or completed work
- Perform surveillances of project operations
- Provide reports of observation and test results
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- Must have a minimum 5 years experience in Quality Assurance, Quality Management systems
- Minimum of 8-10 years experience as a Quality Manager on an EPC construction site, (experience on solar construction sites will be considered an asset)
- College degree in quality, engineering or other relevant fields will be considered an asset
- ASQ or equivalent certification is highly desirable
- Knowledgeable regarding measurement and test equipment (MT&E) is preferred
- Experience with construction quality management tools and knowledge of quality guidelines (.i.e. ASME/AWS/ACI/API/ICC) preferred
- Must be experienced in Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities and provide Quality oversight for multiple contractors and craft
- Must be a self-starter, organized, detailed oriented
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with a team
- Must pass drug test, physical and background check
- Authorization to lawfully work in the United States without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Ability to stoop, kneel and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Will work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions and will walk on uneven ground.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.