Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Wood is currently seeking a Piping Designer to join our Life Sciences team ( Biotechnology/Pharmaceuticals ) to develop life-changing and in many cases, life-saving solutions for our clients. We're looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual with the ability to execute all phases of project design. Project sizes will vary and will include both existing building improvements and new construction.
While this position will report into our Philadelphia location, due to our current remote capacity, we are also considering candidates outside of the Philadelphia area.
On a global scale, Wood serves the Life Sciences, Oil & Gas, Federal, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Mining, and Power Industries. Our Philadelphia office has become the Center of Excellence for our global Life Sciences network, providing full-service pharmaceutical and biotechnology engineering, design, procurement, and project management services.
- Assist process engineers with initial through final design solutions for biotech and pharmaceutical plant designs
- Layout and coordination of process and utility equipment for sanitary/hygienic process systems and supporting utility systems conforming to cGMP requirements, as well as local codes, standards, and regulations
- Complete 2D and 3D modeling and design activities for piping systems and supports
- Generation of project documentation and deliverables including equipment layouts, piping plans, orthographic drawings, isometrics, piping specifications, and details conforming to industry and project standards
- Ability to produce all design drawings from reference information including rough sketches, notes, vendor drawings, or general direction from others
- Participate in field surveys to perform field system walk downs, take dimensions, and create field sketches
- Provide technical input during all phases of engineering projects
- Collaborate with other disciplines to ensure that the piping design reflects current information from all departments and that all departments have the latest piping design information
- Supervision of other designers and drafters assigned to a project
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or technical college education in CAD/Design
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Fully competent and knowledgeable of design/drafting principles and practices with extensive and comprehensive knowledge in plant layout and piping design
- Work requires a strong understanding of how design integrates into and impacts the complete multi-disciplinary project
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry / regulatory codes and standards is a plus
- Design proficiency using AutoCAD (2D and 3D), Revit, and MS Office applications
- Must be able to interpret P&ID's and use to generate 3D models, line lists, valve lists, tie-in lists, and specialty items lists
- Willingness to travel to project sites to assist in developing field sketches and coordinating on-site tasks, etc.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.