Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Wood is actively recruiting individuals for the following offshore position:
This position will require you to travel to offshore Newfoundland and Labrador via helicopter or supply vessel. Individuals
must be comfortable working in remote locations, confined spaces, and heights.
This role will be responsible for i nstalling and maintaining the operational integrity of electrical systems and equipment in accordance with established procedures.
Skills / Qualifications
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Inter-Provincial Journeyman's Certificate (Electrical) or Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology. Any equivalent combination of experience and / or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved may also be considered.
- Working knowledge of regulatory and industry codes applicable to the electrical discipline.
- Experience with HV / LV power generation and distribution systems.
- Experience with AC / DC drive systems and PLC controls.
- Broad working knowledge of drilling and process related electrical equipment including power generation sources, power distribution equipment, hazardous area electrical equipment, and electrical systems related to refrigeration, air conditioning, heating and ventilation.
- Knowledge of normal and emergency lighting and heat tracing.
- Ability to perform diagnostic tests and troubleshoot system faults and failures down to the component level.
- Knowledge of preventative and predictive maintenance practices for electrical equipment.
Since this position requires offshore travel, the following training would be considered an asset:
- Basic Survival Training (BST) including HUET and HUEBA.
- Hydrogen Sulphide (H 2 S) Alive.
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS 2015).
- Offshore Safety Regulatory Awareness
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space Entry
- Emergency First Aid
- Hazardous (EX) training
- Arc Flash
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.