Skills: Maintenance Manager, Estimating
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood currently has an opportunity for Fabric Maintenance Technical Professional in our St. John's, NL office.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare estimates for Fabric Maintenance activities (scaffolding, painting, fire proofing, insulation, cleaning, etc.) for approval and inclusion into offshore execution plan.
- Prepare offshore work packages including work orders, work instructions, permits, drawings, Job Cards, etc.
- Create purchase requisitions, material master forms and identify Bill of Material (BOM) requirements.
- Identify, locate, verify calibration records, where applicable, and make ready all special tools and test equipment required for execution of work.
- Prepare Scopes for Client review and approval
- Preparing Construction work packs
- Interpreting engineering designs and documentation
- Ensuring that all hazards associated with the work are addressed in the work packs via the relevant Risk Assessment system, input from Safety Engineering and the inclusion of other information to ensure work is implemented to minimize SHE risks
- Providing ongoing technical support to the offshore construction team including interfacing with the engineering disciplines and coordinating the closure of Engineering Queries (EQ's)
- Assist with determining sequence of work orders, assign trade sets to work order operations, identify SIMOPS / clashes and opportunities for efficiencies in work utilization.
- Support ongoing continuous improvement efforts (estimating, planning, scheduling, execution, work instructions and job safety analysis).
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance to governing quality and safety management systems
- Coordinating with the Materials Controller and Offshore Construction Lead to ensure that all materials are job ready
- Liaising with offshore construction team regarding planning and preparation of activities
- Offshore travel, as required
Skills / Qualifications
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- 5 to 10 years of applicable experience within the oil and gas industry
- Strong understanding of implementation principles and objectives
- Preference of experience with offshore production platforms
- Capable of reading, understanding and interpreting engineering and vendor drawings and documentation
- Ability to understand and recognize potential problems during construction and commissioning
- Proven organizational, planning and cost management skills
- Has the ability to communicate at all levels of both internal and client organization.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision and must be self - starters who take ownership of tasks through to completion with success
- Team player with excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to adapt to changing needs upon short notice
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Preferred candidates to possess a Technical Diploma or an Engineering Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution. Engineers must be registered, or eligible for registration, with PEGNL.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved may also be considered
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.