Skills: Certification Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Carlsbad, New Mexico, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Certification Coordinator with some experience in the oil and gas industry.
The position is located in Carlsbad, New Mexico.
"Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required"
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: To be accountable for the management and control of Wood Commissioning Services Completions Management System (CMS) database and to ensure the CMS information contributes to an effective hand-over for the construction, commissioning and start-up phases of an oil and gas production facility.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB: To populate CMS database from engineering deliverables and track project status through the use of check sheets, punch lists, and operational test procedure sign-offs. Also must be able to interface with the client, construction contractors, and operations personnel in a professional manner to efficiently facilitate system handovers while maintaining the integrity of the Mechanical Completion and ready for start-up processes.
CRITICAL SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES: Be responsible for understanding and executing Wood Commissioning Services Safety Policies and Procedures throughout all phases of the project. Personal safety awareness and team safety awareness are necessary.
- To ensure that the CMS application and all necessary supporting documentation is in place and complies with the requirements of Wood Commissioning Services as well as client project objectives
- Initial population of the CMS database from engineering deliverables and defined system limits. This includes assigning discipline check sheets based on device type or work activity, assembly of system dossiers and formation and maintenance of project certification library
- Day-to-day management of the CMS system to ensure data is up to date and that it is an accurate depiction of the current status of the project
- Liaise with all Construction focal points, Commissioning Discipline Leads and client management concerning certification issues
- Interface with the Hook-up and Commissioning Supervisor as well as the Start-Up Manager regarding Mechanical Completion, pre-commissioning, commissioning and handover. Maintain custody of signed check sheets, testing procedures and project certification documents
- Data entry of completion progress in CMS
- Issue and circulate CMS progress reports to key team members as required
- Manage project punch lists by identifying responsibility, categorizing necessity of repair, and facilitating punch list meetings to bring focus to items needed to expedite the handover process
- Coordinate activities with other departments and staff
- Establish positive working relationships with immediate supervision and personnel from other departments
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written. Be able to follow oral and written instructions
- Other duties as may be assigned or requested
Skills / Qualifications
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Database management software: Hexagon, Zenator, CMS, Procosis, WinPCS and similar software
Expert in certification process from construction, mechanical completion, pre-comm, commissioning, to start-up
Education and Experience:
A combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. Educated to Diploma level or relevant experience in a similar position for the past 5 years is preferred. A minimum of 5 years' experience in the oil/gas/petrochemical field with familiarity of the onshore and offshore construction and commissioning industries.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Strong computer skills and completions database experience are necessary (GoC(r) preferable)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.