Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for An Environmental Advisor for a contract position, located in Aberdeenshire.
The Environmental Advisor, reporting to the HSEQ Manager, is part of the Offshore Resources team which together manages all vessels, equipment and crew working on global projects. The primary responsibility of the role will be to provide environmental advice on the technical and operational management of all fleet related matters. Marine / vessel experience is therefore essential.
The role will collaborate across multiple business areas within our Global organisation working with our vessel management teams, internal Energy Transition and Sustainability workgroups and to represent Company when liaising with external stakeholders and third parties.
- Provide support to Offshore Resources initiatives and reporting, including environmental objectives, sustainability programmes, carbon disclosure requirements, annual and quarterly board reporting.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant international, national and Flag State legislation including the identification, planning and roll-out of all new environmentally related legislative requirements.
- Maintain the fleet Environmental Management System (EMS) including mandatory vessel documentation and contribute to the development of the EMS and Safety Management System.
- Lead and maintain ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 compliance for the fleet including monitoring and reporting of Clean Operations, International Marine Organisation and Flag State environmental data.
- Monitor environmental performance, including participation in management reviews, initiatives and campaigns, advising management on areas where improvement is required or recommended.
- Lead or participate in the investigation of environmental incidents.
- Lead or participate in internal International Safety Management, ISO, vessel assurance and International Ship and Port Facility Security audits.
- Lead or participate in supplier audits.
- Provide support to internal and external stakeholders in relation to all fleet related environmental matters and global matters, where directed.
- Be the primary contact for all marine pollution emergency response requirements, including maintenance of international and national systems.
- Expedite closure of actions related to non-conformities, vessel audit findings and incidents.
- Deputise for the HSEQ Manager, as required.
- Act as support for the Designated Personal Ashore (DPA) and Deputy DPAs, as required.
- Role relevant environmental qualification.
- Membership of recognised professional body e.g. IEMA, CIEEM, EI or similar.
- Qualified Lead Environmental Auditor with associated practical experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current and forthcoming legislative requirements.
- Demonstrable wide-ranging marine environmental experience at an advisory level, gained within the global Marine and/or Offshore industry.
- Practical understanding of relevant authorities, regulators, industry associations and bodies.
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to build and maintain strong business relationships at all levels.
- Approachable, demonstrates credibility and can engage and influence at all levels.
- Pro-active with a solutions-based approach, and the ability to challenge and be challenged, responding in a constructive, coaching manner.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and ownership, while contributing to team activities.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a 24/7 global business.
- Excellent planning and organising skills, accustomed to working within a multi discipline organisation.
- Proactively devises, promotes and ensures adherence to HSEQ, Company and legislative requirements.
- Accustomed to report writing and, when required, presenting.
- Competent in MS Office, experience with data management systems would be advantageous.
- ISM and ISPS auditing experience.