Skills: Business Development, Sales
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Wood is a world leading engineering and consultancy company across energy & the built environment . Wood is targeting strategic growth of its UK, European and Middle East Government sectors and the role comes with significant business and market visibility both within the UK and globally.
This is an exciting opportunity for a proven leader to join our Growth and Development team which takes strategic sectoral leadership providing advice and direction to our operational business.
This role can be based in one of our UK offices (London, Reading, Bristol, Shrewsbury, Birmingham, Leamington Spa, Knutsford, Leeds, Newcastle upon Tyne or Glasgow) with flexibility to work from home occasionally.
You will work closely with our Operational teams who will support you on markets, key accounts and service development and you will have a key role in shaping innovation in our products and services.
The role is to be accountable for achieving business growth objectives, providing medium to long term view on end markets and achievement of significant year on year sale targets.
The successful candidate will be client and industry facing with the objective of making Wood a leading expert on the trends helping to shape the Government sector.
- Business Leadership: Drive business growth in Government sector with particular focus on Defence, Transport, Property (including government property). Raise the market profile of the business and establish/maintain strategic partnering relationships. Support the wider sector team in seeking collaborative pan-business/sector opportunities. Contribute to monthly business reporting on Government sector
- Growth: collaborating with a diverse group of stakeholders across the Wood business, identify and lead the capture of important, complex and high-profile opportunities to grow the service offering and develop the existing client base. Leadership and direction of commercially astute bidding
- Strategy: Continue to evolve and develop the Government sector strategy to achieve year on year growth across key frameworks and clients, focused on our end markets of Built Environment and Energy Transition
- Supply chain management: Build upon the existing supply chain to add greater value to existing and new customers. Develop strategic relationships with key suppliers to create opportunity winning partnerships
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Experience
- Business development and sales of multi-disciplinary consultancy services within the Government sector
- Managing and driving value from key accounts
- Strategic bidding large complex public sector projects and programmes
- Experienced networker
- Deep and long-term client relationships with Government sector (Central, Regional & Local)
- Client and/or supply chain partnership management
- Experience of working collaboratively within a large global consultancy
- Delivery of multi-disciplinary programmes or projects within the Government sector
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent)
- Chartered member of a Professional body (ICE, RIBA, RICS, etc)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.