Quality Specialist / ChemistAre you passionate about Chemical Manufacturing?Do you enjoy ensuring the production of high quality for Chemical Manufacturing?Join our Chemical Manufacturing team
We are the leader in well construction and production. Our innovative physical and digital solutions improve efficiency, production and maximize reservoir value. Our team ensures high quality, consistency and reliability for all products throughout the complete life-cycle of our chemical manufacturing production process.Partner with the best
As a dedicated and analytical Quality Specialist / Chemist, you're to be responsible for QC laboratory set up, test equipment commissioning and training of technicians for the Chemical Manufacturing Plant in Singapore. You're to collaborate with other functional team member to ensure productions are executed at global level.
As a Quality Specialist / Chemist, you will be responsible for:
- Involving in conceptual, theoretical or practical activities related to the science of applying chemistry to industrial processes for development of new technologies and products.
- Delivering products as part of a team, working closely with other cross functional teams and provide training to technician from time to time basis.
- Conducting research and exploring products, processes and equipment that may be improved.
- Performing laboratory tests, equipment calibration and maintenance to produce products according to established standards and guidelines.
- Developing and revising standard procedures to improve quality, safety and efficiency.
- Working closely with Quality Manager to set objectives, milestones, monitor and report progress of analytical tests to Quality Manager on a regular basis.
- Handling laboratory equipment and supplies at a safely and effectively manner.
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or Engineering related with at least 5 years of experience in Chemical Laboratory
- Have good problem-solving, critical thinking, RCA/ analytical skills
- Have ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Have ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously and lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Have proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Have good oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Have experience in ISO 9001 Internal Auditor and proficiency with lab software (LIMS, SAP)
- Have ability to be on-call at 24/7
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Please discuss your preferred working patterns with the recruiter during the process
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.