Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Commercial Advisor for permanent position. This position can be located in the Aberdeen, London or Netherlands sites.
The Commercial Advisor is a self-driven team player responsible for primarily negotiating and managing the commercial contracts and governance agreements.
The Commercial Advisor maintains good relationships with joint venture partners/counterparties, pipeline operators and other relevant parties.
- Negotiating and managing the commercial agreements required for opportunities; this might involve governance type agreements.
- While the area is the primary area of responsibility, the incumbent could also become responsible for negotiating other commercial agreements in the wider global commercial portfolio work-load permitting.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the in-country Commercial Function/Advisor to progress agreements that may impact joint ventures.
- Contribute information to the assessment of the value proposition of opportunities.
- Assisting the Head of Commercial and Origination in negotiating complex commercial contracts.
- Participate in negotiation teams consisting of license partners, consortium members, legal and technical personnel.
- Spearheading and maturing proposals aligned with the strategy.
- Communicating with authorities regarding contracts (if relevant).
- Representing company in external fora for the benefit.
- Support on an ad hoc basis business development negotiations or other relevant processes in order to provide expertise on related governance and contracts and possibly interactions with standard upstream contracts.
- May contribute to influencing efforts working with Corporate Affairs.
- Relevant higher university degree.
- Relevant working experience from the E&P industry or in connected disciplines (e.g power, petrochemicals).
- The job is expected to work independently, but with coaching from the Head of Commercial and Origination and/or from the Head of Commercial Negotiations .
- The person is responsible for the quality of delivered products.
- Fluent in English (oral and written) and preferably Dutch language skills.
- Taking initiative, engagement and tenacity
- Confidentiality and reliability
- Excellent interpersonal communication and influencing skills, knows how to read people
- Business oriented and strategic thinker
- Strong analytical capability
- Curiosity and willingness to seek and share relevant information
Additional Competence Requirements
- Agile and adaptable in the face of changing situations, flexible in mindset and doesn't over complicate
- Takes ownership and accountability, embraces the ambiguous world we operate in, makes tough, well-timed and informed decisions (when applicable)
- Works effectively in a matrix structure, shares knowledge freely and embraces different opinions; demonstrates a team of teams mindset
- Is entrepreneurial, pushes boundaries and leads with conviction, is a catalyst for and supporter of change
- Takes a first approach, ambitious to succeed and driven to exceed expectations (business oriented)