Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Senior Safety Advisor - Wells for a contract position, located in Aberdeen.
Provides safety advice and guidance primarily to the Wells team and facilitates continuous improvement through the implementation of the HSSEQ Management System.
- Provides practical advice and guidance to the Company on all HSSEQ matters relating to wells & drilling and any operational support where required.
- Provides input and advice to specific well activity plans, identifies potential risks or infringements and advises management/team members in a timely manner.
- Attends/Leads appropriate technical team meetings e.g. mornings calls, to maintain a clear understanding of the short, medium and long term operational requirements of the business and ensure HSSEQ considerations are taken into account.
- Develops HSSEQ plans and processes for wells activities ensuring strict compliance with Company and regulatory HSE standards and expectations and assists well management teams to execute wells programmes safely and without harm to the environment. Monitors/analyses HSSEQ performance and develops improvement plans for work activities, as appropriate. Leads the Wells team monthly meetings to discuss annual performance and set subsequent years goals.
- Contributes to the development of HSSEQ KPI's for wells activities and monitors and reports on performance and provides monthly statistics to the Wells team.
- Identifies opportunities to improve HSSEQ performance in well operations and co-ordinates activities with the Wells Manager and Team Leads to implement ideas into processes and procedures leading to continuous HSSEQ performance improvement.
- Administers the Company's wells specific management system.
- Maintains an up-to-date awareness of changes to legislative requirements and ensures wells/drilling systems and procedures are updated to reflect operational requirements.
- Works with the HSSEQ department and Wells teams to prepare responses to regulator enquiries relating to e.g. inspections and investigations.
- Facilitates platform/mobile rig regulatory inspections where required.
- Attends/Facilitates HAZIDs, HAZOPs, ORA's and HIRA's where required.
- Makes visits offshore to enhance onshore-offshore relationships/communications, promote and support Company/contractor HSSEQ-related campaigns, conduct audits etc.
- Develops and manages the Safety Management Interfacing process for wells activities ensuring HSSEQ requirements are considered and issues managed effectively at contract award stage and at all subsequent stages of the wells activity process. Creates interface documents with key vendors.
- Regularly reviews contractor performance to ensure deliverables are being met. Attends QPR sessions for key contracts when required and applicable.
- Provides general advice and support across the Company on a wide range of HSSEQ related matters, as required.
- Monitors input & output of systems such as Impact, ELogbook (ORA/OATS), Action Management System (TAMS), Process Safety Dashboard and Intelligent Safety Sharepoint for quality control, trending and lesson learned. Assists team members in actively tracking and closing out actions by holding regular meetings with Wells team leads.
- Dissemination of HSSEQ related information, identifying trends and providing business examples of Safety Rules, Intelligent Safety behaviours and Step Change 7Cs.
- Develops ideas and initiates improvement in HSSEQ processes and procedures and, where appropriate, develops improvement options.
- Provides support and input to a wide range of HSSEQ processes e.g. Incident Investigation/Reporting, Audit Procedures/Programmes, Loss Control Procedure/Investigations, Risk Assessment Procedure/Risk Assessments, Corrective/Preventive Action.
- Maintains a good working relationship with the Wells Senior Environmental Advisor and ability to work as a team.
- Provides HSSEQ mentoring, coaching and development opportunities for team members as needed.
- Active member of the IMT Call out System for HSSEQ function and participation in Emergency Response and Crisis Management training exercises.
- NEBOSH, IOSH, Masters or similar qualification
- Valid Offshore Medical
- Considerable experience in a drilling related HSSEQ role.
- Experience in operations related HSSEQ role.
- First-hand knowledge and experience of the UK oil and gas industry.
- Considerable knowledge of the UKCS HSE regulatory regime, particularly as it applies to well management/drilling activities.
- Proven ability to work effectively with offshore/operations/technical teams and influence/challenge on strategic and operational HSSEQ issues.
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to deliver practical solutions which reflect operational constraints.
- Incident Investigation training & experience.
- Experience of working within an Operator environment
- Degree in a technical/engineering discipline
- Ability to travel offshore
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage and influence at all levels - internally and externally
- Ability to plan and manage activities to meet technical schedules
- Ability to win and build credibility at all levels of organisation
- Ability to apply sound judgement in problem-solving
- IT literate: Applicable database/s, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to intermediate level