Skills: Electrical Technician, Electrician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Wood Power Utilities UK have an urgent requirement for experienced Setting Out Engineers to support our Underground HV Cabling projects in various locations across the UK.
This is a site based position with immediate starts, so please get in touch if you feel you have the necessary skills and experience from working within the Power and Construction Industries.
You will establish the level and survey control for the contracts and set out detailed works as per contract drawings and design department liaison, ensuring stringent checks are made on a regular basis.
- Responsible for co-ordinating Overhead Line and Cabling operatives and Sub-contractors, with a requirement to liaise with clients and third parties
- Responsible for the Setting People to Work Process including Onboarding and Site Inductions.
- Responsible for ensuring the Technical solution is delivered on site in line with Wood Engineering department requirements and management systems
- Responsible for all surveying and setting out activities
- Day to day Health and Safety matters of staff and sub-contractors working under your control on projects.
- Setting to Work Processes and Management
- Adequate reporting of Safety incidents and "near misses" both internally and externally as required by the client.
- Understanding and interpretation of Engineering process and Designs for Construction
- As part of the Setting People to Work process assist the Site Manager in the checking of staff competencies and ensuring that the correct training has been given for any tasks undertaken.
- Assist with the production of all Method Statements, Work Instructions and Risk Assessments as required by Safety
- Regulations and / or client for the part of the project for which you are responsible
- Plan and co-ordinate required resources (plant, materials and labour) to carry out required projects.
- To determine material requirements and liaise with Procurement in a timely manner to ensure all materials are available to complete the project requirements
Skills / Qualifications
- Recognised qualification or equivalent industry experience.
- Possess a recognised Safety Qualification (such as IOSH or NEBOSH).
- Previous knowledge of setting out on civil engineering, Overhead Line and/or Cabling contracts, at the higher voltages (circa 132kV and above).
- Good knowledge of construction methods, HSSE & legal regulations
- Fully conversant with the use of total station & EDM instruments
- Previous experience in working wth and managing Sub-contractors and recording of measurement details
- Experience in the supervision of all technical aspects of line construction in a site environment.
- Experience of various types of foundation construction utilised in Transmission projects and should be conversant with setting out instruments and technique
- Experience & knowledge of AutoCAD, LSS & MS Office
Must be willing to work away from home for prolonged periods of time.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.