Skills: Laborer, Workshop
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chatham, Virginia, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Civil Helper with extensive experience in the solar industry. Must have building rough wooden structures, such as concrete forms, scaffolds, shoring, temporary frame structures according to sketches, blueprints, or oral instructions. Employee must have secondary skills as a cement finisher and rod buster.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints, ISO's or other drawings and recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols for job application
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of power tools and hand tools appropriate for the job
- Recognize various materials used in piping systems and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) manlifts, forklifts, and company trucks
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in safe rigging practices
- Identify, explain and perform crane hand signals
- Demonstrate ability to properly build and brace concrete forms using various systems.
- Demonstrates ability to cut, bend, install and tie rebar
- Demonstrate ability to anchor bolts
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in pouring and finishing concrete
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to recognize a correctly built scaffold
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in the handling and application of Epoxy grouts
- Measure materials or distances, using square, measuring tape, or rule to lay out work
- Cut or saw boards, timbers, or plywood to required size, using handsaw, power saw, or woodworking machine
- Assemble and fasten material together to construct wood or metal framework of structure, using bolts, nails, or screws
- Anchor and brace forms and other structures in place, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, wedges, and timbers
- Mark cutting lines on materials, using pencil and scriber
- Bore bolt holes in timber, masonry or concrete walls, using power drill
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.