Skills: Project Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Manager with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Ensure that the content and objective of the Health, Safety, Security, Environmental and Quality Policy and the Information Security policies are implemented and understood by all supervised staff.
- Review the proposal handover documentation, participates and ensure proposal handover is completed and takes ownership of contract execution.
- Interpretation and implementation of contract. Any outstanding, ambiguous contractual issues are taken up with client and resolved.
- Organise project set up activities.
- Organise project team in consultation with Departmental Managers.
- Communicate the project objectives, scope, milestones, contract terms and conditions, budget to the project team.
- Identify critical execution issues and prepare a look ahead schedule through Project control.
- Act as a primary contact and maintain good customer relation and satisfaction.
- Develop an execution strategy in consultation with Director - Projects.
- Provide direction, leadership, control, monitor of project activities till completion and handover.
- The Project Manager shall keep Director - Projects informed, seek his advice, guidance on critical issues, status, constraints while executing the project. The duties are inclusive but not limited to:
- Organize kick off meeting with client/Lead entity (in work share Context).
- Ensure following key project documents are made available/issued.
- Project execution plan, Project coordination procedure and obtain endorsement
- Project procurement plan & contracting plan
- Project budget.
- Front end look ahead schedule.
- Man power projection plan
- Project technical specifications
- Project Quality plan
- Project HSE plan
- Detailed schedule
- Progress measurement and reporting
- Ensure set up of document control system, distribution matrix, filing index, mail vault as per project requirement.
- Establish change management system, monitor and control.
- Coordinate, monitor and control of multi discipline activities through respective leads/Managers.
- Review, monitor the progress and implement corrective /preventive actions.
- Update man power projection plan on monthly basis and liaise with department managers for allocation of suitable resources.
- Conduct periodic project review meetings with the project team.
- Resolve, provide leadership in resolution of inter discipline conflicts and set priorities.
- Ensure preparation of monthly project status reports, participate in Project review meetings including client review meetings.
- Ensure team is motivated and promote an atmosphere for continuous improvement.
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering graduate, degree in any discipline.
- Certification from professional bodies like PMI is desirable.
- Project management experience with multi discipline project in relevant industry
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.